This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Using the dramatic scenario of an investigative journalist pursuing his story and leads, Lee Strobel uses his experience as a reporter for the Chicago Tribune to interview experts about the evidence for Christ from the fields of science, philosophy, and history. Winner of the Gold Medallion Book Award and twice nominated for the Christian Book of the Year Award.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Award-winning reporter and author Lee Strobel ( The Case for Christ) once again uses his investigative skills to address the primary objections to Christianity. As a former atheist, Strobel understands the rational resistance to faith. He even names the eight most convincing arguments against Christian faith:
1) If there's a loving God, why does this pain-wracked world groan under so much suffering and evil?These are mighty tough questions, and Strobel fields them well. Rather than write a weighty dissertation about the merits of faith, he brings us along on his quest as we meet leaders in the US Christian community such as Peter Kreeft and William Lane Craig. We also encounter his everyday friends and acquaintances that serendipitously fill in the holes in each of the eight arguments against faith. The use of dialogue from personal interviews and a scene-by-scene active narrative makes this an easy and engaging read. However, easy does not mean breezy. This is a book of substance and merit--one that will help Christians defend their faith, especially during the hardest of times, when they have to defend their faith to themselves in moments of doubt. -- Gail Hudson About the Author:
2) If the miracles of God contradict science, then how can any rational person believe that they're true?
3) If God is morally pure, how can he sanction the slaughter of innocent children as the Old Testament says he did?
4) If God cares about the people he created, how could he consign so many of them to an eternity of torture in hell just because they didn't believe the right things about him?
5) If Jesus is the only way to heaven, then what about the millions of people who have never heard of him?
6) If God really created the universe, why does the persuasive evidence of science compel so many to conclude that the unguided process of evolution accounts for life?
7) If God is the ultimate overseer of the church, why has it been rife with hypocrisy and brutality throughout the ages?
8) If I'm still plagued by doubts, then is it still possible to be a Christian?
Lee Strobel, a former atheist and award-winning legal editor of the Chicago Tribune, is a teaching pastor at Saddleback Valley Community Church and the author of numerous books, including the Gold Medallion winners The Case for Christ and The Case for Faith.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Zondervan, 2006. Paperback. Condition: New. Brand New!. Seller Inventory # VIB0310608821
Book Description Zondervan, 2006. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110310608821
Book Description Zondervan (December 15, 2006), 2006. Condition: new. Seller Inventory # think0310608821
Book Description Zondervan, 2006. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # MB00RWQZ28K
Book Description Zondervan, 2006. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0310608821