This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Of the People: A History of the United States not only tells the history of America--of its people and places, of its dealings and ideals--but it also unfolds the story of American democracy, carefully marking how this country's evolution has been anything but certain, from its complex beginnings to its modern challenges.
This comprehensive survey focuses on the social and political lives of people--some famous, some ordinary--revealing the compelling story of America's democracy from an individual perspective, from across the landscapes of diverse communities, and ultimately from within the larger context of the world.
New to the Second Edition
* Updated scholarship, with enhanced coverage of democracy
* Expanded coverage of Native American societies, heavily revised coverage of the Gilded Age, and integrated material on slavery and African-American history
* A revised final chapter that covers the financial crisis that began in 2008, the death of bin Laden, and the Tea Party
* Current maps and charts that reflect the most recent census data
* New Additions to "American Portrait," "American Landscape," and "America and the World" features
* New visual review diagrams, enhanced critical-thinking pedagogy, and additional pedagogical aids
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
James Oakes, City University of New York Graduate Center
Michael McGerr, Indiana University-Bloomington
Jan Ellen Lewis, Rutgers University, Newark
Nick Cullather, Indiana University-Bloomington
Jeanne Boydston, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Mark Summers, University of Kentucky-Lexington
Camilla Townsend, Rutgers University, New Brunswick
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Oxford University Press. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0199924678 ***NOTICE*** NEW INSTRUCTOR'S EDITION! 2 VOLUMES INCLUDED! HAS ABSOLUTELY THE SAME CONTENT AS A STUDENT'S EDITION! FAST SHIPPING! GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE! ENERGETIC TEAM! &. Seller Inventory # SKU1002244
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2013. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0199924678
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2013. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110199924678
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2013. Paperback. Condition: New. Brand New!. Seller Inventory # VIB0199924678
Book Description Oxford University Press. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0199924678 New US Edition Textbook, Ships with Emailed Tracking from USA. Seller Inventory # Z0199924678ZN
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2013. Paperback. Condition: New. 2. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 0199924678n