The leading text in the field, this book analyzes the contributions of the leading authorities in discipline to show how their theories and systems can be used by teachers to create structures of positive discipline. The text analyzes 18 models of school discipline developed by educational thinkers over the past 60 years and shows how they can be applied in realistic situations. A unique contribution of the text is that the present-day theorists listed also coordinate with Professor Charles to ensure accuracy in the presentation of their models. Teachers are motivated to create a structure of positive discipline based on the most effective elements from traditional and current disciplinary approaches.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Prepare with the Power of Classroom Practice. Register for MyEducationLab today at www.myeducationlab.com.
MyEducationLab is an online solution that provides highly relevant assignments and resources designed to connect your textbook to real teaching situations. It is fully integrated with your textbook; wherever you see the MyEducationLab logo in the margins or elsewhere in the text, follow the simple instructions to access videos, strategies, cases, and artifacts associated with assignments, activities, and learning units on MyEducationLab.
MyEducationLab provides you with opportunities to study and thoroughly understand your course content and also to practice the skills needed to become a successful classroom teacher:
Prepare with the Power of Classroom Practice.
· Take Practice Tests for each chapter of your text.
– Completion of each practice test generates a study plan that is unique to you.
– The study plan links to text excerpts, activities with feedback, and videos and other media that can help you master concepts covered in your text.
· Complete Assignments and Activities to apply text content to real classroom situations.
· Authentic classroom video shows real teachers and students interacting, and helps prepare you for the classroom.
· Explore the Building Teaching Skills and Dispositions exercises to practice and strengthen the skills that are essential to teaching.
· Case studies offer real-life perspectives on common issues and challenges faced in the classroom.
· Authentic student and teacher classroom artifacts provide you with the actual types of materials encountered every day by teachers.
To order this book WITH MyEducationLab, use either ISBN:
C. M. Charles was a public school teacher from 1953 to 1959, then moved into higher education and held positions at the University of New Mexico, Teachers College Columbia University, Pepperdine University, Universidade Federal do Maranhao (Brazil), and San Diego State University, where he is now professor emeritus. At San Diego State, Charles directed innovative programs in teacher education and five times received outstanding professor and distinguished teaching awards. He also served on several occasions as advisor in teacher education and curriculum to the governments of Peru and Brazil. Charles has authored or co-authored numerous books that have attracted wide audiences in the United States and abroad, with translations into several foreign languages. Those dealing most directly with school discipline are Teachers ' Petit Piaget (1972); The Synergetic Classroom: Joyful Teaching and Gentle Discipline (2000); Essential Elements of Effective Discipline (2002); Classroom Management for Middle Grades Teachers (2004); Elementary Classroom Management (5th edition 2008); Today’s Best Classroom Management Strategies: Paths to Positive Discipline (2008), and Building Classroom Discipline (10th edition 2011). Charles, who resides in California and Australia, is married and has two children, both teachers.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Pearson, 2010. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110137034059
Book Description Pearson, 2010. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 10. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0137034059