For introductory statics and dynamics courses found in mechanical engineering, civil engineering, aeronautical engineering, and engineering mechanics departments. Vividly illustrated throughout, this best-selling text offers a concise and thorough presentation of engineering mechanics theory and application. The material is reinforced with numerous examples to illustrate principles and imaginative, well-illustrated problems of varying degrees of difficulty. The text presents an unrivaled commitment to the development of students' problem-solving skills and features the many trademark pedagogical features that have made Hibbeler synonymous with excellence in the field. The Eighth Edition has been thoroughly revised and updated to offer insightful new problems, improved examples, and a stronger design emphasis.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
* NEW—Includes 20% brand-new end-of-section and end-of-chapter problems.
* NEW—Enhances art program with time-lapsed illustrations to more effectively simulate motion.
* NEW—Supports the print/media program with a fully dedicated web site.
* NEW—Integrates design oriented problems throughout.
* NEW—Carefully organizes problems by level and by design or computer application type.
* NEW—Adds Presentation Manager to the package to facilitate integrating media with the material.
* NEW—Adds photos in the margins to more explicitly show the connection between physical situations and their mathematical abstractions.
* Provides realistic and accurate visual support as part of an acclaimed full-color art program.
* Maintains a superior devotion to detail.
* Depicts real-world engineering problems.
* Features chapter-opening photographs to heighten student interest and emphasize the material's relevance.
Includes a wealth of diverse, well-illustrated problem sets that are innovatively organized, featuring...
* A large variety of problem types from a broad range of engineering disciplines, stressing practical, realistic situations encountered in professional practice.
* Varying levels of difficulty.
* Problems that involve solution by computer.
* Emphasizes the drawing of free-body diagrams throughout the book.
* Integrates Procedures for Analysis sections to provide the reader with a logical and orderly method for applying theory.
* Provides numerous, well-chosen examples that illustrate the application of fundamental theory to practical engineering problems.
* Guides readers through a system of superb pedagogical aids, including:
* Chapter objectives.
* Summary of formulas and equations.
* Coordination of topics with examples to minimize page-flipping.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall College Div, 1997. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Brand New. Hassle free return policy satisfaction is guaranteed! Tracking number provided with every order. Ships within 24 hours. Bookseller Inventory # mon0000002126
Book Description Prentice Hall College Div, 1997. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 8 Sub. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0135770408
Book Description Prentice Hall College Div, 1997. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0135770408
Book Description Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 1997. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 8th Edition. New book. Quantity Available: 1. Shipped Weight: Under 1 kilo. ISBN: 0135770408. ISBN/EAN: 9780135770405. Pictures of this item not already displayed here available upon request. Inventory No: ABE376560044. Bookseller Inventory # ABE376560044
Book Description Hardcover. Book Condition: BRAND NEW. BRAND NEW. Fast Shipping. Prompt Customer Service. Satisfaction guaranteed. Bookseller Inventory # 0135770408BNA
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801357704051.0
Book Description Prentice Hall College Div, 1997. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110135770408
Book Description Prentice-Hall. Book Condition: New. pp. xvi + 672 , Illus. (Col.). Bookseller Inventory # 58122649