This volume introduces basic concepts of linguistic theory illustrated with examples of Spanish linguistics.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
I think it is an excellent book for the following reasons:
1. It is very well written with excellent and copious examples of each phenomenon discussed.
2. The introduction of "actividades" after each major point allows students to apply what they have learned immediately. Since the activities are not rote, students have to demonstrate mastery of the material. This is a very sound pedagogical strategy.
3. The textual reference to the Cuaderno de ejercicios also allows students to again practice what they have learned. Again, this is a very sound pedagogical technique.
4. The Práctica at the end of each chapter once again allows students to demonstrate that they have the learned the priniciples sest forth in each chapter. Students need all the practice they can get.
5. The Temas para profundicar are excellent because they allow students to do more in-depth application of the material in the chapter.
6. The quotations at the beginning of each chapter are an excellent point-of-departure that allows me to start to talk about the content of the chapter.
7. The "objetivos" also allows me to help focus student attention on the central topics of the chapter.
8. The bibliography is excellent.
9. The workbook, from my perspective, is an absolutely essential component of this textbook.
I think this is the best textbook available for this course. I am very pleased with it, and I wanted you to know this.
Frank Nuessel University of Louisville
From the Back Cover:
Introducción a la lingüística española, Third Edition, is the ideal book for an introductory survey course or for review work at a more advanced level. This new, revised and updated edition takes full advantage of the latest published research representing different theoretical trends in linguistics. Students gain a broad understanding of the structure of Spanish (chapters 1-5), its function in society (chapters 6-11), and Spanish in the United States (chapter 12).
Enhancements in this edition:
INSTRUCTOR SUPPLEMENTS ISBNs
PowerPoint Presentations 0205690505 9780205690503
STUDENT SUPPLEMENTS ISBN
Workbook 0205647065 9780205647064
Answer Key 0205647073 9780205647071
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0134840313 Ships promptly from Texas. Bookseller Inventory # HGT6976YLRC070916H0128
Book Description Prentice Hall, 1991. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110134840313
Book Description Prentice Hall, 1991. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0134840313
Book Description Prentice Hall, 1991. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 134840313
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801348403141.0
Book Description Prentice Hall. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0134840313 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0054081