Word by Word Intermediate Picture Dictionary
- More than 4,000 vocabulary words are presented through vibrant illustrations and easy-to-use lessons.
- Extensive coverage of important lifeskill competencies meets standards-based curriculum objectives.
- A careful research-based sequence of lessons integrates development of grammar and vocabulary skills.
- Expanded discussion questions encourage students to share their backgrounds, experiences, and opinions.
- New WordSongs Music CD included with dictionary extends learning outside the classroom through motivating musical practice.
- New bilingual editions for speakers of Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, Haitian Kreyol, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese
- Teacher’s Guide and Lesson Planner with CD-ROM saves countless hours of planning, with instructional support materials in two convenient formats – as reproducible masters and on a CD-ROM.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
Word by Word Picture Dictionary, Second Edition, by Steven J. Molinsky and Bill Bliss, is the only truly communicative vocabulary development program! This is the new edition of the picture dictionary program famous worldwide for its ease-of-use, lively spirit, and active conversational approach.
Outstanding features of the new edition:
- The Brazilian Portuguese/English Edition and otherBilingual Editions present the second language in blue next to each English word.
- Vibrant illustrations and simple accessible lesson pages are designed for clarity and ease-of-use with learners at all levels. Word by Word is the most learner-friendly picture dictionary – especially for Beginners.
- More than 4,000 words in an expanded range of topics prepare students for success using English in everyday life, in the community, in school, and at work.
- A careful research-based sequence of lessons integrates students’ development of grammar and vocabulary skills through topics that begin with the immediate world of the student and progress to the world at large.
- New lesson formats provide integrated context-based instruction with nouns and high-frequency verbs. Objects and actions that go together are learned together!
- Expanded discussion questions encourage students to share their backgrounds, experiences, opinions, and creativity as they relate vocabulary and themes to their own lives.
- A new Teacher’s Guide and Lesson Planner with CD-ROM in a colorful user-friendly format includes lesson planning suggestions, community tasks, weblinks for expanding vocabulary themes through the Internet, and reproducible masters to save teachers hours of lesson preparation time.
- A unique choice of workbooks at Beginning and Intermediate levels offers flexible options to meet students’ needs:
- Vocabulary Workbooks feature motivating vocabulary, grammar, and listening practice.
- Standards-based Lifeskills Workbooks provide competency-based activities and reading tied to national, state, and local curriculum frameworks.
- A Literacy Workbook is also available.
- The outstanding audio program includes all words and conversations for interactive practice, and – as bonus material – an expanded program of WordSongs for entertaining musical practice with the vocabulary.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.