This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This text provides an introduction to the field of stochastic dynamic systems, their estimation and control. Including the provision of computer derivations of key results, the book covers both state-space methods and methods based on the polynomial approach, with similarities and differences between the two highlighted. Some nonlinear aspects (including the bispectrum and extended Kalman filter) are also introduced and analyzed. Processes with complex-valued data are treated wherever convenient as this is of interest in many signal processing and communication problems.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Discrete-time Stochastic Systems gives a comprehensive introduction to the estimation and control of dynamic stochastic systems and provides complete derivations of key results such as the basic relations for Wiener filtering. The book covers both state-space methods and those based on the polynomial approach. Similarities and differences between these approaches are highlighted. Some non-linear aspects of stochastic systems (such as the bispectrum and extended Kalman filter) are also introduced and analysed. The books chief features are as follows:
· inclusion of the polynomial approach provides alternative and simpler computational methods than simple reliance on state-space methods;
· algorithms for analysis and design of stochastic systems allow for ease of implementation and experimentation by the reader;
· the highlighting of spectral factorization gives appropriate emphasis to this key concept often overlooked in the literature;
· explicit solutions of Wiener problems are handy schemes, well suited for computations compared with more commonly available but abstract formulations;
· complex-valued models that are directly applicable to many problems in signal processing and communications.
Changes in the second edition include:
· additional information covering spectral factorisation and the innovations form;
· the chapter on optimal estimation being completely rewritten to focus on a posteriori estimates rather than maximum likelihood;
· new material on fixed lag smoothing and algorithms for solving Riccati equations are improved and more up to date;
· new presentation of polynomial control and new derivation of linear-quadratic-Gaussian control.
Discrete-time Stochastic Systems is primarily of benefit to students taking M.Sc. courses in stochastic estimation and control, electronic engineering and signal processing but may also be of assistance for self study and as a reference.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: Très bon. Discrete-Time Stochastic Systems | T. Soderstrom | Prentice Hall, 1994. In-8° cartonné,335p. Couverture propre . Dos solide. Intérieur frais sans soulignage ou annotation. Exemplaire de bibliothèque : petit code barre en pied de 1re de couv., cotation au dos, rares et discrets petits tampons à l'intérieur de l'ouvrage. Très bon état général pour cet ouvrage. [Phi 28+]. Seller Inventory # 0B-SO49-ADXC
Book Description Prentice Hall. Condition: Very Good. . Owner's name on inside. Seller Inventory # V15I-00540