Management Information Systems: Student Multimedia CD-ROM: Managing the Digital Firm
All new copies of this book contain a Student CD-ROM that enables students to dig deeper into subjects described in the book, master new management and software skills, and explore new topics. The Student CD-ROM contains:
- MIS Bullet Text Study Guide and Learning Track Modules: Summary of the CORE text that helps students master the leading ideas and concepts. Learning Track Modules are short essays in each chapter that take students deeper into MIS topics, concepts and debates; review basic technology concepts in database design, telecommunications and other areas; or provide additional hands-on software instruction.
- MIS Learning Track Chapters: an entire additional chapter of content that focuses on software and other technical skills, featuring in this edition an entire chapter on building and using PivotTables in Microsoft Excel.
- Management Problem Solving Cases: teaches students how to use Excel, Access, and Web resources to solve classic management problems. Fifteen case studies with software tutorial instruction for Excel and Access in each case.
- MIS Video Cases: Engage students in conversations about real-world vendors and professional associations with whom they will be interacting throughout their business careers. Case study questions integrate the videos into the concepts of each chapter.
- Interactive Quiz: Helps students review what they have learned in each chapter with an interactive quiz.
- Career Guidlines: Describe the information systems skills required of accounting, finance, marketing, operations management, and information systems majors.
The Web Links on the Student CD ROM for the 10th edition of Management Information Systems are no longer operational. Instead, please go to the book's companion Web site at http://wps.prenhall.com/bp_laudon_mis_10/ and click on the chapter for additional Web resources.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.