Updated in a new second edition, this readable book prepares graduate nursing students to be nurse educators in settings of staff development, patient education, or academia—covering commonalties of teaching that pertain to all three. Practical information and cutting-edge content emphasize the theories and strategies most likely to be used in the field.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"...as a reference book, it has just about everything in it..." - Dr. Julie Cullen, Centre for Innovation and Leadership in Health Sciences, University of SouthamptonFrom the Back Cover:
Teaching Strategies for Nurse Educators 2/e
Designed to prepare nurses to teach clients, staff and students, the second edition of Teaching Strategies for Nurse Educators is the best resource for the nurse educator. Based on a strong foundation in educational theory and practical teaching strategies, it offers practical suggestions specifically applied to nursing and health education. References to the most current evidence-based research on effective teaching practices are imbedded throughout the book. This book guides the nurse educator through the entire teaching process, from planning learning to conducting classes, applying traditional teaching methods and innovative technology, both in the classroom and within the context of distance learning platforms.
· Case Studies give students the opportunity to apply information presented in the textbook.
· Critical Thinking Exercises encourage students to reflect on what they have learned and express opinions as this knowledge is applied to a variety of situations.
· Ideas for Further Research will stimulate both graduate students and faculty to conduct research on current topics in nursing education.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
· Chapter 15 discusses the various facets of the faculty role.
· Chapter 2: Learning Theories, includes discussions of constructivism and multiple intelligences.
· Throughout the book, the reader will find new information and suggestions on incorporating current technologies into teaching.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Pearson, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110131790269
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 2. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0131790269
Book Description Pearson, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0131790269
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Brand New! Ships same day or next business day. Free USPS Tracking Number. Excellent Customer Service. Ships from TN. Bookseller Inventory # 178373
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801317902611.0
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 2nd edition. 300 pages. 9.00x6.75x0.75 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0131790269