An introduction to critical care, this book is focused on elements that are essential for the novice critical care nurse to understand. Safe practice is a recurrent theme and essential safety initiatives are in highlighted boxes with specific issues related to the content in each chapter. Included are the purpose, the rationale, and highlighted recommendations, with a Media Link for more information. NANDA Nursing Diagnoses are also suggested for the disorders and diseases presented to help the reader categorize the nursing problems that may accompany the medical diagnoses.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
-From the Back Cover:
Understanding the Essentials of Critical Care Nursing 1e
Kathleen Ouimet Perrin
This brief introduction to Critical Care Nursing provides core information essential for the novice critical care nurse to understand, whether that novice is a student or a new graduate. The problems presented are based on the likelihood that a novice critical care nurse will encounter them. Recommended practices rely on evidence-based findings for collaborative and nursing practice.
· Visual Maps: Each chapter includes visual maps to illustrate the relationships among the disease states, collaborative interventions, and outcomes.
· Commonly Used Medications: Medications most often prescribed for the conditions addressed in the chapter are highlighted.
· Safety Initiatives: These boxes highlight specific safety initiatives important for the nurse to understand.
· Gerontological Considerations: Many patients in critical care settings are older adults; this essential information will enhance the effectiveness of critical care nurses.
· Nursing Diagnoses: NANDA Nursing Diagnoses are suggested for the disorders and diseases presented
· Case Study: A case study of a realistic patient scenario illustrates the chapter content and provides an example of collaborative and nursing management.
COMPANION WEBSITE (www.prenhall.com/perrin) Open access for students and faculty, offering NCLEX review, nursing care plans, student activities, additional resources, and much more.
ONLINE COURSE MANAGEMENT CARTRIDGES Pearson’s online course management solutions feature interactive modules, student activities, NCLEX review questions, instructors’ resources, and more. For more information please contact your Pearson Health and Careers Sales Representative or go online to www.prenhall.com/demo.
Pearson Health Sciences
Upper Saddle River, NJ 07458
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Pearson, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0131722107
Book Description Pearson. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0131722107 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0048425
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0131722107
Book Description Pearson, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110131722107
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801317221011.0
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 543 pages. 10.75x8.50x1.00 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 0131722107