RF Circuit Design: International Version: Theory and Applications
New, ship fast, delivered in 5 days in UK. No PO Box.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
For upper-level Electrical Engineering introductory courses in RF Circuit Design and analog integratedcircuits.
This practical and comprehensive book introduces RF circuit design fundamentals with an emphasis on design methodologies.
- Provides MATLAB routines to carry out simple transmission line computations and allow the graphical display of the resulting impedance behaviors as part of the Smith Chart.
- Allows students to implement these software tools on their own PC.
- All m-files will be included on a bound in CD-ROM.
- Presents RF Amplifier Designs, including small and large signal designs, narrow versus broad band, low noise, and many others.
- Provides students with useful broad-based knowledge of common amplifier designs used in the industry.
- Discusses Matching Networks, such as T and P matching networks and single and double stub matching. It also includes Discrete and Microstrip Line matching techniques with computer simulations....
- Presents Scattering parameterssuch as realistic listings of S-parameters for transistors and transmission line.
- Highlights practical use of S-parameters in circuit design and performance evaluation.
- Features Smith Chart, including series and parallel connections of resistor, capacitor, and inductor networks. It also includes simulations in MATLAB to provide graphical display of circuit behavior and performance analysis.
- Introduces the Smith Chart as a design tool to monitor electric behavior of circuits.
- Introduces the generic forms of Oscillators and Mixers, including negative resistance condition, fixed-frequency, and YIG-tuned designs.
- Explains the most common oscillator designs used in many RF systems.
- Provides an overview of common filter types, including low, high, bandpass, Butterworth, and Chebyshev filters.
- Provides design tools to enable students to develop a host of practically realizable filters.
- Discusses the high-frequency behavior of common circuit components, including the behavior of resistors, capacitors, and inductors.
- Helps students understand the difference of low versus high frequency responses.
- Introduces the theory of distributed parameters through a discussion on Transmission Lines. This includes line parameters, sources and load terminations, and voltage and current waves.
- Outlines the need of distributed circuit theory in today's high frequency circuits.
- Analyzes active/passive RF circuits through various network description models, especially the two-port network. This discussion also covers impedance, admittance, ABCD, h-parameter networks, and interrelations.
- Includes a number of important pedagogical features?Intersperses examples throughout each chapter, and includes self-written MATLAB routines and circuit simulations by a commercial RF software package.
- Assists students by clarifying and explaining the theoretical developments.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.