Electric Circuit Fundamentals
For courses in Electric Circuits and DC/AC Circuits.
The 6th edition of this acclaimed text provides practical coverage of electric circuits (DC/AC) and an introduction that technician-level students can readily understand. Well-illustrated and clearly written, the text contains a design and page layout that enhances visual interest and ease of use. The organization provides a logical flow of subject matter and the pedagogical features assure maximum comprehension.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
Students will discover success with Thomas L. Floyd's Fifth Edition of Electric Circuits Fundamentals. Floyd continues the use of his hall mark pedagogical features and adds key new features and content changes, all complemented by a new and improved student-friendly text design and layout.
- Margin icons indicate text circuits that are rendered in Electronics Workbench® and CircuitMaker® on the CD-ROM packaged with each text.
- New EWB/CircuitMaker Troubleshooting Problems.
- New Safety Notes indicate key information that students can transfer to their laboratory experience.
- Online study guide with 50+ questions per chapter is available at http://www.prenhall.com/floyd.
- New Hands-On Tip and Biography features.
- Expanded coverage of troubleshooting, electrical safety, engineering notation, and calculator usage.
- Reorganization of chapters improves the flexibility of the text. Capacitors (Chapter9) and RC circuits (Chapter 10) are covered in sequence, followed by inductors (Chapter 11), RL circuits (Chapter 12), and RLC circuits and resonance (Chapter 13). Transformers (Chapter 14) now follows RLC circuits and resonance.
- A new, easier-to-read text design and use of color help students locate key information for review.
- Chapter Objectives, an Introduction, Key Terms, and Application Assignments precede each chapter to offer students an overview of the applications they will be able to complete by chapter's end.
- Section Reviews follow each chapter section to reinforce concepts and check for understanding.
- Numerous in-chapter examples illustrate a variety of areas where concepts can be applied.
- End-of-chapter problems are separated by chapters section and level of difficulty, allowing students to progress with their problem-solving skills in a step-by-step manner.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.