For Principalship and Educational Leadership/Introduction to Educational Leadership courses.
To equip prospective educational leaders to understand ISLLC standards and develop the skills to put them into practice, this problem-based text transforms theory into practice through realistic scenarios patterned on those that appear on national examinations. After presenting the two sets of standards that inform leadership and the organizations that develop them, coverage explores the full spectrum of educational leadership theories and their practical applications to actual classrooms and schools. Throughout the material, the author shares numerous research-based reflections on the behaviors displayed in the cases, thus broadening their application to real-world educational situations.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"Reginald Green delivers everything the title of his book promises: Effecting a connection between theory and practice in leadership and providing an innovative strategy for doing so. However, he exceeds his promise by leading the reader through a comprehensive overview of the field of educational administration."-- John I. Goodlad, President, Institute for Educational Inquiry. "As expectations of schools increase, the job of the school principal grows ever more complex. Reginald Green's book is a valuable resource for those concerned with developing leadership for 21st century schools that are collaborative, learning-focused, and successful with a wide range of diverse learners."-- Linda Darling-Hammond, Charles E. Ducommun Professor of Education, Stanford University. "Dr. Green has created numerous, practical scenarios to help aspiring school leaders apply the ISLLC standards in day-to-day situations.These scenarios will encourage higher order reflections so crucial to a school leader's success, as designed, Dr. Green's activities and scenarios will be superb practice for students preparing to take the ISLLC/ETS school leaders licensure assessment. In addition to the practicality for students, the exercises provided to assist professors will enhance their classes and field experiences. I can hardly wait to put the ideas in this book to use with my students. The only problem is all the professors in our department will be competing for it!"-- Neil J. Shipman, EdD., Director, Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium.From the Back Cover:
Practicing the Art of Leadership: A Problem-Based Approach to Implementing the ISLLC Standards provides a compilation of scenarios that incorporate leadership behaviors informed by the Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC) Standards. This text connects time-tested theories to practice while considering how today’s standards, accountability measures, and other societal demands change the skills you need to implement the principles of these theories.
Features for Your Success
- NEW! Scenarios and vignettes. An additional scenario-based exercise for each chapter has been added for each chater to Appendix A. These scenarios reflect the revisions being made to the national examination for school leaders. After reading each chapter and working through the added scenarios, you will have enhanced skills for addressing examination questions.
- NEW! Deeper foundation for leadership. Theoretical concepts forming the foundation section of each chapter have been strengthened, and new theoretical principles have been added.
- UPDATED! Suggested Readings. These sections at the end of each chapter have been updated and with additional sources. have been added.
- UPDATED! Website Lists. New websites have been added to the lists found at the end of each chapter. These sites provide support materials to enhance content understanding and strengthen the practical application of theoretical concepts.
- NEW! Standards Chart. Appendix B: States Using Standards and Assessment Measures to Inform Leadership Preparation and Assess Quality of School Leader Performance provides you with a brief description of your state’s leadership standards, ISLLC Standards indicator, the predominent purpose of those standards, and more.
- NEW! Exam Practice. Appendix C: Scenarios for Practice–Practicing for the School Leader Licensure Examination exten end of chapter licensure activities through detailed cases.
Other Titles of Interest
Policy Studies for Educational Leaders
An Introduction, Third Edition
Frances C. Fowler
ISBN 0-13-615727-0; 978-013-615727-4
Human Resource Administration
Personnel Issues and Needs in Education, Fifth Edition
L. Dean Webb and M. Scott Norton
ISBN: 0-13-239771-4; 978-0-13-239771-1
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110131132539
Book Description Prentice Hall. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0131132539 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0046259
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 2. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0131132539
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801311325351.0