This is the definitive step-by-step guide to creating cutting edge television commercials, exploring everything from how television communicates, how planners contribute new insights, how to get great television ideas, how commercials are structured, how to sell concepts and how they should be executed.
Join a master class where the faculty includes Tim Delaney, Graham Fink, Neil French, Lee Garfinkel, Roy Grace, John Hegarty, Steve Henry, Drain Holmes, Lionel Hunt, Michael Patti, Jim Riswold and 70 other creative leaders. Share their personal creative processes in page after page of practical and inspiring guidance, complete with storyboards and case histories.
Step behind the famous campaigns at BBDO New York, Fallon, Goodby Silverstein, Howell Henry Chaldecott Lury, Leagas Delaney, Lowe, Saatchi & Saatchi, Wieden & Kennedy and great agencies in the US, UK and Australia. Consult film directors at Hungry Man, @ radical.media, Window, and many more. Explore creativity in the emerging markets of Asia, especially China and India. And possess the statistical evidence that creativity SELLS!
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Vital subjects covered in this book:
1. How the medium actually works, what you can realistically expect a television commercial to achieve.
2. How to get the background thinking right, ensuring that creative work is correctly targeted and expressed.
3. World famous creative leaders share their secrets about how they get ideas, and how they develop them into scripts and storyboards.
4. Experts discuss the way commercials should be structured to communicate with today's more sophisticated, movie-literate audiences; what kind of storylines will appeal, and how layered can they be?
5. Experts tell how they develop, execute and maintain some of the world's most creative and effective TV campaigns. What are their secrets of consistency?
6. An exclusive special chapter on how to write humorous TV commercials - featuring the creators of classic TV spots like Carling Black Label Dambusters, America's legendary Little Caesars Pizza campaign, and Hamlet Cigars Photo Booth ranked as the single Best TV Commercial of All Time at Cannes.
7. Once a great script is approved, what happens next? How should you choose the right director, how do you control the work, how do you choose the most effective music?
"THIS IS AN AMAZING BOOK...I promise you that you will have read something to challenge and inspire you in virtually no time at all... If you’re a client who’s scared of making a brave decision, a researcher who doesn’t know how to interpret research intelligently, or a member of the regulatory boards who still live in Victorian times, read it and weep." - STEVE HENRY Creative Partner Howell Henry Chaldecott Lury, London
"Nobody has ever portrayed the depth and subtlety of the world’s second-oldest profession like Jim Aitchison. A former inmate himself, and, strangely, a man with no other agenda than writing the truth, Jim ‘gets it’...and what’s even more amazing, he can explain it." - ANDY BERLIN, Founding Partner, Goodby Berlin Silverstein, San Francisco, and Berlin Cameron & Partners, New York
"Aitchison did it again. After unearthing nearly all the secrets of the world’s creators of great print, he’s done it with television...what’s brilliant about Aitchison’s book is the diversity and quality of minds that he’s tapped...This book has finally convinced me: brilliant television creatives aren’t born. They can be made. As long as you read and study every word of this book." - BRUCE BILDSTEN, Group Creative Director, Fallon Minneapolis
"All the world’s top creative people will wish they had written this book. And they did." - LIONEL HUNT, Chairman, Lowe Hunt & Partners, SydneyAbout the Author:
Once described as an "awards machine," Jim Aitchison has won over 600 advertising awards. He was creative director of The Ball Partnership, Singapore, and executive creative director of Batey Ads, Singapore.
Jim has judged The One Show, America's leading awards show, and has judged the London International Advertising Awards for many years. He is a member of the most prestigious industry associations including Britain's Design & Art Directors Association, the Australian Writers and Art Directors Association, and the Type Directors Club of New York.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110130908282
Book Description Prentice Hall. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0130908282 New. Looks like an interesting title, learn more! We provide domestic tracking upon request. We provide personalized customer service and want you to have a great experience purchasing from us. 100% satisfaction guaranteed and thank you for your consideration. Bookseller Inventory # S-0130908282
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0130908282