Organizational Theory: Texts and Cases (World Student)
For courses in Organization Theory.
Comprehensive and up-to-date, this text makes important organization theories accessible and interesting to students. It provides direct and clear managerial implications. New focus on information technology illustrated through a running case on Amazon.Com
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
Comprehensive and current, the third edition of Organizational Theory makes important theories accessible and interesting in order to teach future managers the skills and concepts necessary to succeed.
- An integrated flow between chapters — allows students to clearly see how topics relate to each other from the start.
- An in-depth look at organizational culture from the origins of culture to its relationship with organizational effectiveness.
- Detailed coverage of the stakeholder approach to organizations and the implications of this approach for organizational effectiveness.
- Explanations of the most recent developments in organizational structure such as the product team structure, outsourcing, and the network organizations.
- Discussion of recent literature on inter-organizational linkage mechanisms, including the role of resource dependence theory and transaction cost theory in explaining why organizations choose different types of linkage mechanisms.
- An integrated account of the strategy-structure relationship.
- Comprehensive coverage of international strategy and structure and global organizational design.
- An analysis of new technological developments, including the Internet, integrated with traditional concepts already used in organizational theory. See how technical complexity, task non-routinism, and task interdependence affect organizational design.
- A detailed discussion of both population ecology theory and institutional theory.
Look for more information on the Web at www.prenhall.com/jones
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.