Dr. Yeh supplies a firm theoretical foundation in such topics as propagation of light through fibers, fiber fabrication, loss mechanisms, and dispersion properties. He then expands from this into such practical areas as fiber splicing, measuring loss in fibers, fiber-based communications networks, remote fiber sensors, and integrated optics. Whether involved in fiber optics research, design, or practical implementation of systems, this handbook will be extremely useful.
* Here is a comprehensive, "one-stop" reference with state-of-the-art information on fiber optics Included is data on:
* Optical fibers and fiber materials
* Light sources and detectors
* Coupler, LEDs, and other individual components
* Coherent optics
* The development of fiber optics-based telecommunications systems
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1990. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110127704558
Book Description Academic Press, 1990. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0127704558
Book Description Academic Press, 1990. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0127704558