Alternative Careers in Science describes the various career tracks available to scientists and gives the inside scoop on the skills and personality types suited to each profession. It also contains important information regarding career expectations and salary potential.
This book will allow scientists to compare career opportunities. Each chapter covers a different career track and includes the basic job description, qualifications, responsibilities, and what career opportunities stem from each position.
* Illustrates a typical day's scenario
* Explains what career opportunities stem from a position
* Describes the basic job, qualifications, responsibilities, and expectations
* Covers how long to expect to be in a training phase
* Shows existing steps in the promotion ladder and salary ranges
* Presents a different career track in each chapter
* Allows scientists to compare career opportunities
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
InAlternative Careers in Science: Leaving the Ivory Toweryou will meet scientists who evolved into Wall Street analysts, science policy gurus, patent agents, journalists, consultants, biopharmaceutical company executives, entrepreneurs, executive search specialists, public relations experts, and top-flight sales reps. You'll never think that science is a one-way street again!
Each chapter covers a different career track and includes:
* Basic job description, qualifications, responsibilities, and expectations
* Typical day scenario
* Why a graduate degree in science gives you an edge
* Outlines skills important to career track - creative, critical, computer, interpersonal
* Training phases and requirements
* Existing steps in the promotion ladder and salary ranges
* Career opportunities stemming from each position
Cynthia Robbins-Roth, Ph.D., left academia to pursue a science career in the then-emerging biotechnology industry. Her career detoured through business development before her entrepreneurial spirit compelled her to start up her own biotechnology consulting and publishing business, BioVenture. Because of her scientific insight, irreverent manner, and ebullient nature, Dr. Robbins-Roth is a popular speaker on alternative careers for scientists, as well as a recognized biotech industry expert.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110125893752
Book Description Academic Press, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0125893752
Book Description Academic Press, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0125893752
Book Description Elsevier. Book Condition: New. pp. 267. Bookseller Inventory # 11295530
Book Description Academic Press. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0125893752 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0041865