This unique atlas of the human brain correlates studies of post mortem tissue with the in situ, cross-sectional brain and MRIs of the same brain in situ with in vivo images from normal volunteers. This atlas contains a series of maps, each featuring different aspects of brain morphology and topography. The atlas is divided into two sections: the Topographic and Topometric Atlas and the Myeloarchitectonic Atlas. The Topographic and Topometric atlas presents the surface anatomy of the brain over a topometric grid, together with corresponding in situ sections of the entire head, placed on stereotaxic grids in order to emphasize the brain. The part of the atlas is further divided into three sections: the Horizontal, the Coronal, and the Sagittal. The Myeloarchitectonic atlas presents 69 myelin-stained sections cut perpendicular to the intercommissural line depicting mainly subcortical structures. Each plate has corresponding schematic diagrams defining position, extent, and relationship of nuclei and pathways of the forebrain and mesencephalon.
Topographic and Topometric Atlas Benefits:
* Sections are cut at regular, 1-cm thick intervals in all planes of section
* Both sides of section are shown, due to unprecedented thickness of the sections, providing additional information
* Includes corresponding x-rays and MRIs of the same head and an in vivo MRI from a healthy volunteer
Myeloarchitectonic Atlas Benefits:
* Presents the most comprehensive delineations available; suitable for mapping of neurotransmitters, neuropeptides, and receptors
* Tissue sections are from a reference brain used by preeminent neuroanatomists: Vogts, Brockhaus, Hassler, Wahren, Hopf, and Sanides
* Includes four pages of 36 reduced figures showing gyrification and subcortical detail
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
An atlas of the human brain featuring detailed maps of the topography of the brain, along with detailed diagrams and in situ sections of the entire head.From the Publisher:
New to this Edition: * Employs larger format for easier appreciation of delineations * Shadings and second color make the line drawings easier to interpret * Indicates the course of major blood vessels on the radiograms as well as the vascular domains of the brain arteries * The myeloarchitectonic atlas contains 69 coronal diagrams depicting the entire hemisphere (cortex and subcortex) * Mounts the drawings into the Talairach space
Additional material on the CD-ROM: Macroscopic atlas: * Full color anatomical sections * Drawings of anatomical sections colored for different tissues * 3-D visualization of MRI Myeloarchitectonic atlas: * Includes original myelin stained sections, allowing overlay of delineations * Links from myelin stained sections to Nissl stains * Presents all relevant literature referring to the represented brain in full text, along with the figures and search functionality
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1997. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110124653618
Book Description Elsevier. Book Condition: New. pp. 328. Bookseller Inventory # 7425001