This volume is a comprehensive source of information on the fundamentals of hearing and sound physics. Using research from 1980 onward, this book is a critical review of past and up-to-date research findings and concepts on the effects of noise on people; it focuses on the psychological and physiological affects of noise on hearing and performance. This text elucidates the interrelations of the acoustical, physiological, psychological, and sociological factors that are involved in making noise a problem to individuals and societies. Also discussed are hearing loss, speech communications, annoyance, and health effects criteria for the limitation of exposures to noise in living and work areas.
* Physical characteristics of sound and noise
* Acoustical-sensorineural response characteristics of the ear
* Basic psychological sensations and perceptions that ensue from analysis of sound and noise by the auditory system
* Laboratory and real-life research on the impairments to hearing, speech communication, task performance, and mental and bodily health that occur from exposure to noise
* Physical measures which predict adverse effects on hearing, behavior, and health from exposure to noise
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"Kryter's excellent book takes a comprehensive approach to describing the effects of sound and noise on human hearing... Kryter has successfully integrated masses of research in each chapter, and readers will be truly impressed with the organization, amount, and critical review of the information presented. Very highly recommended as a valuable resource."
"This is a scholarly, comprehensive book which should be readily available to all whose work involves consideration of noise. This is a most comprehensive handbook and it is difficult to point to any major omissions. It can confidently be recommended."
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Emerald Group Publishing Limit, 1994. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110124274552
Book Description Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 1994. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0124274552