Awarded Best Reference by the New York Public Library (2004), Outstanding Academic Title by CHOICE (2003), and AAP/PSP 2003 Best Single Volume Reference/Sciences by Association of American Publishers' Professional Scholarly Publishing Division, the first edition of Encyclopedia of Insects was acclaimed as the most comprehensive work devoted to insects. Covering all aspects of insect anatomy, physiology, evolution, behavior, reproduction, ecology, and disease, as well as issues of exploitation, conservation, and management, this book sets the standard in entomology.
The second edition of this reference will continue the tradition by providing the most comprehensive, useful, and up-to-date resource for professionals. Expanded sections in forensic entomology, biotechnology and Drosphila, reflect the full update of over 300 topics. Articles contributed by over 260 high profile and internationally recognized entomologists provide definitive facts regarding all insects from ants, beetles, and butterflies to yellow jackets, zoraptera, and zygentoma.
* 66% NEW and revised content by over 200 international experts
* New chapters on Bedbugs, Ekbom Syndrome, Human History, Genomics, Vinegaroons
* Expanded sections on insect-human interactions, genomics, biotechnology, and ecology
* Each of the 273 articles updated to reflect the advances which have taken place in entomology research since the previous edition
* Features 1,000 full-color photographs, figures and tables
* A full glossary, 1,700 cross-references, 3,000 bibliographic entries, and online access save research time
* Updated with online access
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Title: Encyclopedia of Insects <>Binding: Hardcover <>Author: Vincent H Resh <>Publisher: ACADEMIC PRESSReview:
2009 CHOICE Outstanding Academic Title
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Elsevier Science & Technology Books. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 39780044
Book Description Academic Press, 2009. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110123741440
Book Description Academic Press, 2009. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 2. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0123741440
Book Description Academic Press, 2009. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0123741440
Book Description Academic Press. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0123741440 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0040684
Book Description Academic Pr, 2009. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. 2nd edition. 1024 pages. 11.00x8.80x2.00 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 0123741440
Book Description Book Condition: New. New Book. Faster Delivery. Bookseller Inventory # AFS-BIO-9780123741448