This Fifth Edition of the best-selling Table of Integrals, Series, and Products is now available on CD-ROM. Designed for use by mathematicians, scientists, and professional engineers who need to solve complex mathematical problems, the CD-ROM offers full-text searchability and desktop computer access to the formulas contained in this essential reference. The TEX source code for selected formulas will also be included on the CD-ROM. Users can access formulas anddirectly download them into their own TEX documents.
This CD containing nearly 20,000 formulas for integrals, sums, series, products, and special functions, is the major reference source for integrals in the English language and the benchmark for symbolic computations programs.
* Fully updated AP bestseller
* For PC, MAC, and UNIX Computers
* Desktop access to the nearly 20,000 formulas
* Download the TEX source code directly
* Multiplatform--MS Windows, Macintosh, and UNIX systems
* View hierarchical table of contents display of chapter titles, sections, and subsection headings
Search quickly and easily by multiple keyword combinations (words, phrases, and names)
* Use hypertext links to jump between table of contents and formulas and between reference citations and bibliography
* Display text and inline mathematical equations clearly with scalable fonts
* Create personal annotations, bookmarks, and hypertext links
* Print selected material in preset output styles
* License for up to five concurrent users included in base price
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The search engine is impressive...An important bonus is that you can copy TeX source for any formula or table to the clipboard and paste it into your own TeX documents, if you use the AMS-TeX macro package. Another bonus of the CD-ROM is that it comes with a generous license for up to five simultaneous users over a network."I've seen some Gradsheteyn-Rhyzhik fans open the book seemingly at random to the precise formula they need; but for the rest of us, the ability to do a fulltext search makes the CD-ROM the preferred way to have this mathematical standard at our fingertips."
--Barry Simon, California Institute of Technology, in DE
Among other additions, this edition includes expanded material on orthogonal polynomials, many results relating to theta functions, extra material on other special functions, greatly enlarged and revised tables of Laplace and Fourier transform pairs, and a short table on Mellin transform pairs.
--SCI TECH BOOK REVIEWS
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1996. Audio Book(CD). Book Condition: As New. Like new condition. Bookseller Inventory # XX-200-86-3031103