Digital Cinematography presents computer animators with the tools and techniques at their disposal to give their animation the look and feel of a real Hollywood movie. Starting with the basics of lighting, camera movement, and genre, the book teaches how to effectively create interior and exterior lighting, how to light characters to invoke a mood or theme, and even how to create special effects. For animators who would like to create 3D computer games, this book illustrates how to light scenes effectively as well as how to cover up modeling and texturing mistakes. This book is an invaluable guide to the cinematic art of computer animation.
* Exercises and examples focus on the implementation of 3D, and the functionality of specific graphic tools such as omnidirectional lights, depth of fields, and image processing
* Historical reference of films photographed in the style of the tutorial, as well as images of both the process and the final result
* Cinematic styles covered include film noir, naturalism, expressionism, comedy, and cartoon
* Cinematic principles covered include key light, fill light, back light, set light, single source lighting, contrast, projection and gobos, camera lenses, color usage, composition and leading lines
* Multi-platform CD-ROM provides hands-on project files for each of the tutorials, enabling the reader to explore virtually all of the book's contents in 3D
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Digital Cinematography is a novice's guide to the art of filmmaking. Author Ben de Leeuw teaches you how to apply the techniques of traditional cinematography to the digital world. He provides an introduction to lighting tools and to cameras and various types of lenses, and then delves into explaining how to work with interior and exterior lighting, characters, motion, and color. There are a few suggested exercises, such as changing the height of the camera, animating lights, combining soft light and hard light, and working with subtle and dramatic colors. The author also includes definitions of filmmaking jargon. The book isn't platform- or software-specific. A hybrid CD-ROM includes sample digital animation video sequences used in the book.From the Back Cover:
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Morgan Kaufmann, 1997. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0122088751
Book Description Morgan Kaufmann, 1997. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0122088751
Book Description Morgan Kaufmann, 1997. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110122088751