The Handbook includes chapters on all the major industry standards, quick reference tables, helpful appendices, plus a new glossary and list of acronyms. This practical handbook can stand alone or as a companion volume to DeCusatis: Fiber Optic Data Communication: Technological Advances and Trends (February 2002, ISBN: 0-12-207892-6), which was developed in tandem with this book.
* Includes emerging technologies such as Infiniband, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, and MPLS Optical Switching
* Describes leading edge commercial products, including LEAF and MetroCore fibers, dense wavelength multiplexing, and Small Form Factor transceiver packages
* Covers all major industry standards, often written by the same people who designed the standards themselves
* Includes an expanded listing of references on the World Wide Web, plus hard-to-find references for international, homologation, and type approval requirements
* Convenient tables of key optical datacom parameters and glossary with hundreds of definitions and acronyms
* Industry buzzwords explained, including SAN, NAS, and MAN networking
* Datacom market analysis and future projections from industry leading forecasters
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The datacom industry is evolving very rapidly, and a host of new technologies, services, standards, and types of networks have been introduced since the first edition of the Handbook was published over 3 years ago. Building on the success of the first edition, this Handbook contains revisions and updates to all major chapters plus a new glossary and list of technical acronyms. This material has been contributed by experts from across the optoelectronics industry as well as leading experts from academia. The new glossary contains definitions for hundreds of technical terms and acronyms, making this a complete, self-contained reference source for all of your needs, whether for designing optical data communications equipment and networks or planning to deploy it as part of a fiber optic communications network. This information is useful both for engineers and scientists working in the field and for users of the technology who simply want to find the best solution for their datacom problems.
· Emerging technologies such as 10 Gigabit Ethernet and the latest revisions to other industry standards, complied by the same technical professionals who designed the standards themselves
· Expanded listing of references on the World Wide Web, plus hard-to-find references for international, homologation, and type approval requirements
· Convenient tables of distances, data rates, interfaces, and other key parameters for all the major datacom protocols, as well as a glossary with hundreds of definitions and acronyms
· Updated material on designing, testing, and servicing fiber optic networks
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 2. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0122078918
Book Description Book Condition: New. Brand New Book. Bookseller Inventory # 0122078918BYR
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Brand New Original US Edition, Perfect Condition. Printed in English. Excellent Quality, Service and customer satisfaction guaranteed!. Bookseller Inventory # AIND-1464
Book Description Academic Press, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0122078918
Book Description Book Condition: New. New. US edition. Perfect condition. Customer satisfaction our priority. Bookseller Inventory # ABE-FEB-15697
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. New. US edition. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Bookseller Inventory # SHUB15697
Book Description Book Condition: New. Brand New Original US Edition.We Ship to PO BOX Address also. EXPEDITED shipping option also available for faster delivery. Bookseller Inventory # AUSBNEW-1464
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. New, US edition. Excellent Customer Service. Bookseller Inventory # ABEUSA-15697
Book Description Elsevier. Book Condition: New. pp. 823. Bookseller Inventory # 7427688
Book Description Academic Press 1. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. HARDCOVER Legendary independent bookstore online since 1994. Reliable customer service and no-hassle return policy. New Arrivals. Book: NEW, New. Bookseller Inventory # 64978012207891000. Bookseller Inventory # 64978012207891000