This volume of Methods in Enzymology presents methods for the isolation and identification of bacterial pathogens and associated virulence determinants. It will enable the researcher to determine if closed genes or isolated gene products are involved in virulence.
Major Topics Covered Include
* Animal model system to determine bacterial virulence
* Epidemiological techniques for the identification of bacterial strains and species
* Protocols for the purification of subcellular bacterial products frequently associated with virulence
* Determination of the means by which bacteria acquire iron
* Methods to generate mutants, to construct isogenic strains by allelic exchange, to identify bacterial genes only expressed during infection of the host, and to study regulation of selected bacterial virulence factors
* Methods for the assay of destructive bacterial enzymes and toxins
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Praise for the Volume
"This book is a useful tool for providing first-hand information."
--ZENTRALBLAT FUR BAKTERIOLOGIE
Praise for the Series
"The Methods in Enzymology series represents the gold-standard."
"It is a true 'methods' series, including almost every detail from basic theory to sources of equipment and reagents, with timely documentation provided on each page."
"The series has been following the growing, changing and creation of new areas of science. It should be on the shelves of all libraries in the world as a whole collection."
--CHEMISTRY IN INDUSTRY
"The appearance of another volume in that excellent series, Methods in Enzymology, is always a cause for appreciation for those who wish to successfully carry out a particular technique or prepare an enzyme or metabolic intermediate without the tiresome prospect of searching through unfamiliar literature and perhaps selecting an unproven method which is not easily reproduced."
--AMERICAN SOCIETY OF MICROBIOLOGY NEWS
"If we had some way to find the work most often consulted in the laboratory, it could well be the multi-volume series Methods in Enzymology...a great work."
"A series that has established itself as a definitive reference for biochemists."
--JOURNAL OF CHROMATOGRAPHY
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Book Condition: New. New. US edition. Perfect condition. Customer satisfaction our priority. Bookseller Inventory # ABE-FEB-15799
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. New. US edition. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Bookseller Inventory # SHUB15799
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. New, US edition. Excellent Customer Service. Bookseller Inventory # ABEUSA-15799
Book Description Academic Press, 1994. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0121821366