Optical Fiber Rotation Sensing is the first book devoted to Interferometric Fiber Optic Gyros (IFOG). This book provides a complete overview of IFOGs, beginning with a historical review of IFOG development and including a fundamental exposition of basic principles, a discussion of devices and components, and concluding with industry reports on state-of-the-art activity. With several chapters contributed by principal developers of this solid-state device, the result is an authoritative work which will serve as the resource for researchers, students, and users of IFOGs.
* State-of-the-art industrial activity reports from British Aerospace, Hitachi, Japan Aviation Electronics, Litton Mitsubishi, and Photonectics
* Excellent tutorial material to promote basic understanding as well full coverage of advanced theoretical and practical aspects of IFOGs
* Developments allowing for the upgrading of IFOGs from a sensitive laboratory interferometer to a practical rotation sensor
* The integration of IFOGs with other sensors into complete systems
* A discussion of alternative forms of IFOGs
* Present devices, applications, and projected future users
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1993. Book Condition: Good. Ships from Reno, NV. Former Library book. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Bookseller Inventory # GRP92901352