For the first time in one comprehensive presentation, Modern Information Systems for Managers integrates some of the most recent and promising applications and technologies of information systems not found in current texts. Dr. Bidgoli's presentation offers several unique features to prepare future executives for effective utilization of information systems.
The text presents coverage of the popular information systems technology within the context of information systems. Using this approach Bidgoli has investigated all the important issues surrounding design and implementation of information systems including microcomputers, security issues, telecommunications and group support systems.
Carefully examines new and future issues related to successful information systems design
* Gives the reader an understanding of upcoming technologies
* Contains a complete discussion of information systems analysis, design, and implementation
* Presents a comprehensive discussion or organizational, social, and legal impacts of information systems early in the text
* Each chapter contains learning objectives which leave the reader with a measurable goal
* Introduces various software products and their application to both micro and mainframe computers
* Each chapter concludes with 20 to 25 review questions
Presents numerous information systems applications in functional areas of business including:
* Information systems in manufacturing, marketing, finance, human resource management, and strategic planning
* Internet and global information systems
* Decision support and executive information systems
* Group support systems
* Geographic information systems
* Multimedia and virtual reality
* Artificial intelligence and expert systems
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
" Modern Information Systems for Managers is an impressive attempt to address and synthesize technical, organizational, legal-ethical, and strategic aspects of the information systems field. It is broad in scope and written for information systems' students, users, and management-level decision-makers...the manual-style organization of the book, its list of key terms and concepts, its numerous pro and con comparison tables, and its index make it a good more-than-reference handbook for the information systems personnel in any organization."
--THE JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR INFORMATION SCIENCE, Yonathon Mizrachi, University of Haifa
Hossein Bidgoli, Ph.D., is professor of Management Information Systems at California State University, Bakersfield. Dr. Bidgoli helped set up the first PC lab in the United States. He is the author of 40 textbooks, 26 manuals, and more than three dozen technical articles and papers on various aspects of computer applications and information systems that have been published and presented throughout the world.Dr. Bidgoli is a two-time winner of Meritorious Performance and Professional Promise Award for 1985-86 and 1988-89, School of Business and Public Administration, California State University, Bakersfield.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Emerald Group Publishing, 1997. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0120959704
Book Description EMERALD, 1997. Hardback. Book Condition: NEW. 9780120959709 This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Bookseller Inventory # HTANDREE01047227
Book Description Emerald Group Publishing, 1997. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1st. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0120959704
Book Description Emerald Group Pub Ltd, 1997. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 438 pages. 9.50x6.25x1.00 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 0120959704