The print version of the Encyclopedia of Virology, published in 1994, is one of Academic Press' finest achievements, receiving excellent reviews and recognition in the field. The CD-ROM version contains many enhanced features, including structural photographs and diagrams cross-referenced to the text, a new section of high-resolution, colour-coded images and animations, plus advanced searching facilities including a thesaurus, annotation functions, and a journal recording device to record a path through information searches.
PRAISE FOR THE PRINT VERSION
"I consider this encyclopedia to be a valuable addition to my own virology library...If clinicians, students, and others need access to this information, they will find it on the shelves of libraries which choose to house this compilation, and I hope that many libraries will make that choice."
--Harley A. Rotbart, University of Colorado School of Medicine.
"The Encyclopedia is user friendly...Frequent subheadings direct the reader to the appropriate material. The many photographs, figures, and tables inhance the text...The Encyclopedia would be a valuable addition to the reference libraries of medical schools, veterinary schools, graduate schools, and hospitals."
--New England Journal of Medicine
* 270 Articles written by leading researchers
* Covers all aspects of animal, insect, plant, and bacteriophage viruses
* Tailored to suit an international audience, including both general and specialist readers
* Further reading lists at the end of each article allow easy access to the primary literature
* User-Friendly Multimedia Features:
* Figure and table references will be "hot links"
* Quick and advanced searching capabilities, including full text, fielded, boolean, proximity and partial word searching
* Thesaurus, annotations, and bookmarking
* Public or private notes can be added
* Customized hypertext links
* Journal serves as a recording device for certain paths through the information
* 20 Quick Time animations and 60 3-D colour visualizations of viruses specially created for the CD-ROM
* All of the figures from the print version have been redrawn and given a background colour relating to the type of virus described
* The Encyclopedia of Virology provides the most up-to-date study of all aspects of virology for:
* Medical virologists, animal, plant, and insect virologists
* Microbiologists, immunologists, pathologists, biologists, and plant sciences
* Clinicians, nurses, and healthcare workers
* Researchers and technicians in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries
* Undergraduates and graduate students in the biomedical and biological fields
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want