Ripley's Twists bring a fun, engaging and uniquely Ripley's approach to a whole range of topics, from the human body to space. Each title blends stunning full-colour photographs and illustrations with clear explanations and extraordinary facts that are guaranteed to inform and to entertain.
In Oceans you will find:
- Key information - everything from lazy floating blobfish to how to survive a shark attack
- Intriguing bite-size facts - Atlantic giant squid and colossal squid have the biggest eyes of any living animal - each eyeball can measure ten inches across!
- Real-life stories - like the man who free dives, with no fins or oxygen, to a depth of 282.15 feet
- 'Big word alert' glossaries - clear and straightforward explanations of difficult words such as 'vertebrate'
- Stunning photographs and detailed diagrams
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The unique Ripley's formula: hard information and quirky facts brilliantly combinedAbout the Author:
Robert LeRoy Ripley was an American cartoonist, who created and developed the world-famous Ripley's Believe It or Not! cartoon strip in the years after the First World War. He travelled the globe in search of unusual objects and stories, and built up an extraordinary collection of everything from shrunken heads to dinosaur eggs and iron maidens. These are now exhibited in Ripley museums around the world, including one in London's Piccadilly Circus. The Ripley's Believe It or Not! annual has become an international best-seller.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Arrow (Young), 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Shipped from the UK within 2 business days of order being placed. Bookseller Inventory # mon0000043768
Book Description Ripley, 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0099544431