The Subcarpathian Rusyns are an east Slavic people who live along the southern slopes of the Carpathian Mountains where the borders of Ukraine, Slovakia and Poland meet. Through centuries of oppression under the Austro-Hungarian and Soviet empires, they have struggled to preserve their culture and identity. Rusyn literature, reflecting various national influences and written in several linguistic variants, has historically been a response to social conditions, an affirmation of identity and a strategy to ensure national survival.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Provides a comprehensive introduction to the field of psychology. Chapters new to this fifth edition cover topics including gender and sexuality, and the brain and sensory anatomy. More coverage of sociocultural issues is also provided, reflecting the diversity of people studied by psychologists.From the Publisher:
Visual 'advance organizer.' The opening page to each major section of the text now contains a visual overview of the conceptual organization of the information presented in that section. Studies have shown that viewing an advance organizer before reading a passage increases retention of the content of the passage.
· Increased coverage of positive psychology and evolutionary psychology, which are two of the hottest areas in psychology.
· New Information on developmental changes in the brain and their relations to changes in behavior and mental processes has been added to keep the book in step with the advances in psychology.
· PowerWeb is bound into the book, providing even more value to an already value-laden package. PowerWeb provides students with current articles, curriculum-based materials, weekly updates with assessment, informative and timely world news, refereed Web links, research tools, study tools, and interactive exercises. Each chapter ends with an exercise to help integrate this valuable tool.
· Proven pedagogical design -each chapter begins with an "advance organizer" that provides the student with a cognitive structure on which to hang new information. Section reviews reinforce the cognitive structure, self-quizzes check the learning of facts, and critical thinking questions encourage deep processing.
· Quality Research 'Ben Lahey is an experienced researcher who knows how to evaluate new evidence in psychology. This ensures accurate and timely scholarship that instructors can trust.
· Practice Tests are packaged with each copy of the text to help students in exam preparation and to aid in overcoming test anxiety.
· Study Skills Pre-Chapter is included to help students learn and apply good study habits that will lead to success in this and future courses.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Mcgraw-Hill College, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0072563141
Book Description Mcgraw-Hill College, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: Neu. neu, noch in Schutzfolie, Versand spätestens am nächsten Werktag 114069 Sprache: Englisch Gewicht in Gramm: 1945. Bookseller Inventory # 367945
Book Description Mcgraw-Hill College, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 8. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0072563141
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800725631461.0
Book Description Mcgraw-Hill College. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0072563141 New, Unused book with cover and/or minor page damage. Does NOT affect content! Used items may or may not included CDs, InfoTrac, etc. Ships in 24 hours with FREE tracking!. Bookseller Inventory # 16549