Provides a comprehensive introduction to the field of psychology. Chapters new to this fifth edition cover topics including gender and sexuality, and the brain and sensory anatomy. More coverage of sociocultural issues is also provided, reflecting the diversity of people studied by psychologists.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Visual 'advance organizer.' The opening page to each major section of the text now contains a visual overview of the conceptual organization of the information presented in that section. Studies have shown that viewing an advance organizer before reading a passage increases retention of the content of the passage.
· Increased coverage of positive psychology and evolutionary psychology, which are two of the hottest areas in psychology.
· New Information on developmental changes in the brain and their relations to changes in behavior and mental processes has been added to keep the book in step with the advances in psychology.
· PowerWeb is bound into the book, providing even more value to an already value-laden package. PowerWeb provides students with current articles, curriculum-based materials, weekly updates with assessment, informative and timely world news, refereed Web links, research tools, study tools, and interactive exercises. Each chapter ends with an exercise to help integrate this valuable tool.
· Proven pedagogical design -each chapter begins with an "advance organizer" that provides the student with a cognitive structure on which to hang new information. Section reviews reinforce the cognitive structure, self-quizzes check the learning of facts, and critical thinking questions encourage deep processing.
· Quality Research 'Ben Lahey is an experienced researcher who knows how to evaluate new evidence in psychology. This ensures accurate and timely scholarship that instructors can trust.
· Practice Tests are packaged with each copy of the text to help students in exam preparation and to aid in overcoming test anxiety.
· Study Skills Pre-Chapter is included to help students learn and apply good study habits that will lead to success in this and future courses.
Benjamin B. Lahey received his undergraduate training from Davidson College and his Ph.D. in experimental psychology from the University of Tennessee. He has taught at both community college and university levels, including the University of Georgia and the University of Miami, before joining the faculty at the University of Chicago. Ben is an award-winning teacher and a frequent speaker at the Annual National Institute on the Teaching of Psychology. He is also an active researcher on the behavioral and emotional problems of children; his research has been supported by the National Institute of Mental Health for many years. Ben was a representative of the field of psychology on the DSM-IV Child Disorders Work Group and a member of the US liaison group for the mental health section of the International Classification of Diseases. He was also the editor, with Alan E. Kazdin, of the first fourteen volumes in the annual series, Advances in Clinical Child Psychology, published by Plenum Press.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Mcgraw-Hill College. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0072563141 New, Unused book with cover and/or minor page damage. Does NOT affect content! Used items may or may not included CDs, InfoTrac, etc. Ships in 24 hours with FREE tracking!. Bookseller Inventory # 16549
Book Description Mcgraw-Hill College, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0072563141
Book Description Mcgraw-Hill College, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 8. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0072563141
Book Description Mcgraw-Hill College, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110072563141
Book Description Mcgraw-Hill College. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0072563141 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW4.0031092
Book Description Mcgraw-Hill College, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: Neu. neu, noch in Schutzfolie, Versand spätestens am nächsten Werktag 114069 Sprache: Englisch Gewicht in Gramm: 1945. Bookseller Inventory # 367945