This practical, clinically-oriented pocket handbook provides the essential information needed for quick reference in intensive care, coronary care, PACU's, telementry units, and other critical care settings.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
AACN Essentials of Critical Care Nursing Pocket Handbook
Marianne Chulay, RN, DNSc, FAAN
Suzanne M. Burns, RN, MSN, RRT, ACNP, CCRN, FAAN, FCCM
AACN ESSENTIALS OF CRITICAL CARE
Endorsed by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, this easy-to-use handbook provides essential information for critical care and progressive care settings.
· Cardiac rhythms, ECG characteristics, sample rhythm strips, and treatment guides
· Admission and shift assessment guides
· Critical care drug information
· Advanced cardiac life support algorithms
· Troubleshooting guides for hemodynamic monitoring and management of ventilator alarms
· Assessment tools for weaning from mechanical ventilation
· ICP monitoring setup and waveforms
· Delirium assessment tools
· Intra-aortic balloon pump waveforms
· Evidence-based treatment guides based on AACN Protocols for Practice and national guidelines
· Guidelines for intra- and inter-hospital transport (monitoring, equipment, personnel)
About the Author:
Mariannce Chulay, RN, PhD, FAAN, Consultant, Clinical Research and Critical Care Nursing, Chapel Hill, NC
Suzanne M. Burns, RN, MSN, RRT, ACNP, CCRN, FAAN, FCCM is a Professor of Nursing, Acute and Specialty Care at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses is the world's largest specialty nursing organization, representing more than 400,000 acute and critical care nurses and serving more than 100,000 members, certificants and nurse constituents. Web site: www.aacn.org
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2005. Spiral-bound. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110071447725