This course in Portuguese is designed for anyone who wants to progress quickly from the basics to understanding, speaking and writing Portuguese with confidence. Although it is aimed at those with no previous knowledge, this course is equally suitable for anyone wishing to brush up existing skills for a holiday or business trip.
Key structures and vocabulary are introduced in thematic units, progressing from introducing yourself to writing your CV, from booking a hotel room and buying food to looking for a job and a house to rent or buy.
This course is not exclusively for European Portuguese or Brazilian Portuguese. It is based on structures and vocabulary equally used on both sides of the Atlantic. Relevant differences are explained in the units and sign-posted Eur. and Br. respectively. The dialogues and other sections have been recorded by different native speakers of Portuguese to familiarize learners with different accents.
The course includes:
· easy-to-follow and effective format
· up-to-date, lively, realistic dialogues
· practical vocabulary for real-life situations
· step-by-step guide to pronunciation
· grammar explanations and verb charts
· tips and handy hints to help the learner
· cultural information and highlights
· exercises depicting everyday situations
· puzzles, quizzes and other word games
· answers to all the exercises
· email and letter writing, social and business
· revision units to consolidate and check progress
· websites for further sources of authentic Portuguese
· grammar glossary and cross-reference index
· Portuguese-English/English-Portuguese vocabulary lists
· cross-reference index listing more than 130 topics
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
McGraw-Hill authors represent the leading experts in their fields and are dedicated to improving the lives, careers, and interests of readers worldwide
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110071431721
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800714317291.0
Book Description Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # 36S9KG001CHD
Book Description McGraw-Hill, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 4. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071431721
Book Description McGraw-Hill, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071431721