This book helps you protect the significant financial stake you have in your house.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
An Ounce of Prevention is Worth $$$$$
Want to avoid the costly hassles of homeownership? The leaking roof? The seeping basement? Termites in the framework and squirrels in the attic? Not to mention the days spent shivering when the furnace fails or sweating when the AC goes out?
You can with this guide. Written by an expert home inspector, Fix It Before It Breaks automates catching minor house problems before they become major home disasters. This checklist- and illustration-filled guide takes the haphazardness out of your home maintenance efforts. It shows you exactly what to look for, when to look for it, and what to do about it. And the bottom line is great: Fix It Before It Breaks can save you thousands of dollars in repair costs.
PROTECT YOUR MOST EXPENSIVE INVESTMENT
Though homes are by far the most costly investments most people ever make, they often receive less maintenance than cars or teeth! Whether you want to live in your home forever or plan to eventually resell , Fix It Before It Breaks helps you protect the significant financial stake you have in your house. This simple, helpful program gives you:
* A workable seasonal plan -- build your own seasonal checklists to keep yourself timely with caulking and other urgent tasks
* Clear, illustrated instructions on what to watch for, where to look, and when to do it
* Checklists specific to your home, that put you in charge of spotting damage, dangers, and managing maintenance concerns
* How to tell when it's time to call a pro
* Information about your building's site, foundation, framing, windows and doors, siding, roof, electrical system, plumbing, mechanical systems, landscaping, and hardscaping -- your entire home
* Explanations of natural deterioration and damage that guide you in making the right choices
* A trustworthy home maintenance program from a seasoned contractor/construction analyst/insurance inspector
Terry Kennedy is a construction analyst in massive construction lawsuits with more than three decades' experience as a residential builder and remodeler in all parts of building: earthwork, concrete, and framing, with all types of homes.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071430695
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071430695