This title is the perfect tutorial for learning the mechanical, software, and electronic systems of LEGO Mindstorms and other hybrid robots. It focuses on "hot technology" topics: electronics, embedded systems, object-oriented technology, software development, and robotics. It includes projects for each concept, including a LEGO camera for the remote control vision chapter, an interface for a robotic warning system, and a tele-operated robot. The CD includes: complete computer programs for controlling the robots; circuit simulation models; and diagnostic tools.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Are you ready to step up to cutting-edge robotics?
Don Wilcher makes it easy and fun to understand concepts and build projects that put the concepts to work. You get hands-on instructions for satisfying projects in mechatronics, embedded systems, object-oriented programming, and high-level electronics and robotics all using off-the-shelf LEGO products as starting points. LEGO(r) Mindstorms(tm) Mechatronics gives you:
- Projects that include a robotically operated LEGO camera, a robotic warning system, and numerous other mechatronics plans
- A complete set of needed programs, circuit diagrams, and diagnostic tools on the CD-ROM
- A great appendix packed with online and other embedded systems resources
INSIDE: LEADING EDGE ROBOTICS PROJECTS
- TELEROBOTICS Operate devices from afar with visual feedback
- SMART HAND CONTROLLERS Exchange tactile information with a machine
- HYBRID ROBOTS Combine LEGO with other kits for unique creations
- MECHATRONIC BOTS Make savvy machines with brains and movement
- WALKING BOTS Where do you want me to go today?
- AUDIO BOTS Are you talking to me?
Don Wilcher (Garden City, MI) is an Electrical Engineer and the author of the bestseller LEGO(r) Mindstorms(tm) Interfacing, also from McGraw-Hill. He has written articles for Nuts and Volts magazine and other trade publications. Don is an active advocate for engineering education reform and for pre-college engineering curriculum.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill/TAB Electronics, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071417451
Book Description McGraw-Hill/TAB Electronics, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071417451
Book Description McGraw-Hill/TAB Electronics, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-003-15-1718001
Book Description McGraw-Hill/TAB Electronics. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0071417451 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0027177