To jump or not to jump--this book answers the question! Here's just the thing for anyone who has ever toyed with the idea of skydiving and wants to know more before deciding if the sport is right for them. Writing for those with no real skydiving knowledge, the author provides a complete overview of the sport, discussing the thrill, the risk, the basics, jump training, safety training, the cost, the time, where to go, what to do, questions to ask, and much more. THE book to read before enrolling in a skydiving class.
* Explains the types of skydiving: Tandem, Accelerated Freefall, and Static Line
* Tells how to go about selecting a school or training program
* Provides a series of questions to ask when comparing skydiving centers by telephone
* Includes Frequently Asked Questions
* Beautiful 8-page color insert
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK OF PULLING THE RIPCORD READ THIS BOOK!
Skydiving can be the thrill of a lifetime, but is “taking the plunge” right for you? Before you invest your hard earned dollars in pricey equipment and expensive lessons, read this book and find out. You’ll get an expert, frank overview of the sport covering everything you need to know BEFORE you go ahead and enroll in a skydiving class: the thrills, risks, basics, jump training, safety training, the cost, the time, where to go, what to do, questions to ask, and much more.
An instructor who has made more than 4500 jumps covers it all:
* What to expect in your first jump
* Explains types of skydiving: tandem, Accelerated Freefall, static line, and options such as night jumping, formation skydiving, BASE jumping, and skysurfing
* Provides a checklist of questions for comparing skydiving centers
* Tells you how to select a school or training program
* Describes simulated and computer-based options
* Answers Frequently Asked Questions
Tom Buchanan holds Instructor ratings issued by The United States Parachute Association in Accelerated Freefall, static line, instructor assisted freefall, and tandem training. He has earned tandem equipment ratings covering the Vector, Sigma, Racer, and Dual Hawk systems. Mr. Buchanan has been appointed Safety and Training Advisor at one of the largest skydiving centers in the Northeastern United States, and serves as a Coach Course Director, training other skydivers to be instructors. He holds an FAA Senior Parachute Rigger Certificate, and is an FAA certificated Commercial Pilot with ratings in single and multiengine airplanes, as well as gliders.
Mr. Buchanan made his first jump in 1979 at a small skydiving club near Buffalo, New York. Since then, he has made more than 4500 skydives, and logged more than 65 hours of freefall time.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110071410686
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071410686
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800714106871.0
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Brand New. Ships with delivery confirmation same day of order. Guaranteed. Bookseller Inventory # SKU026705