Derived from the content of the respected McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, Sixth Edition, each title provides thousands of definitions of words and phrases encountered in a specific discipline. All include:
* Pronunciation guide for every term
* Acronyms, cross-references, and abbreviations
* Appendices with conversion tables; listings of scientific, technical, and mathematical notation; tables of relevant data; and more
* A convenient, quick-find format
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
THE LANGUAGE OF BIOSCIENCE AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Derived from the world-renowned McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, Sixth Edition, this vital reference offers a wealth of essential information in a portable, convenient, quick-find format. Whether you’re a professional, a student, a writer, or a general reader with an interest in science, there is no better or more authoritative way to stay up-to-speed with the current language of bioscience or gain an understanding of its key ideas and concepts.
Written in clear, simple language understandable to the general reader, yet in-depth enough for scientists, educators, and advanced students, The McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Bioscience, Second Edition:
* Has been extensively revised, with 18,000 entries encompassing the language of the life sciences
* Includes synonyms, acronyms, and abbreviations
* Provides pronunciations for all terms
* Covers more than 20 areas of life science, including anatomy, biochemistry, botany, evolution, genetics, microbiology, physiology, and zoology, and has been expanded to cover other important biomedical sciences such as forensics, neuroscience, pathology, pharmacology, and veterinary science
* Includes an appendix containing tables of useful data and information
* Is based on the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms – for more than a quarter-of-a-century THE standard international reference
Carefully reviewed for clarity, completeness, and accuracy, the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Bioscience, Second Edition, offers a standard of excellence unmatched by any similar publication.About the Author:
Compiled by The Editorial Staff of the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology (New York City), one of the most skilled, experienced, and innovative teams in the field of scientific publishing.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Editorial McGraw-Hill, 2003. soft. Book Condition: New. *** Nota: EL COSTE DE ENVÍO A CANARIAS ES 8 euros. Si ha realizado un pedido con destino a CANARIAS no podemos hacer el envío con un coste de 3,5 euros . Nos pondremos en contacto con usted para comunicar el coste total del envío a Canarias y si está de acuerdo, Abebooks le efectuará el cargo adicional. Bookseller Inventory # 541825
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 2. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071410430
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110071410430
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0071410430 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.1030275