* An engineering tutorial designed to teach basic UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supplies) design and operation--covers rotary UPS systems and battery selection
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
UPS, UP TO DATE
* Conquer threats posed by brownouts and blackouts
* Protect today’s sophisticated and expensive electronics
* Find complete, up-to-date guidance on design, installation, operation, and maintenance
As a twenty-first century engineer, you’re being asked to guard sensitive, costly electronic equipment against the increasing dangers of rolling brownouts and blackouts, surges, sags, spikes, noise, and power failures, as well as the omnipresent hazards of lightning-induced transients. Uninterruptible Power Supplies, written by two experienced engineers, gives you thorough guidance on up-to-date methods and products. Inside, you’ll find what you want to--
* Design, install, maintain, and operate fail-safe systems with standby generators, chemical batteries, kinetic energy systems, with either static or rotary UPS sets
* Apply complete, system-wide design examples
* Deliver full protection from faults originating in electric utilities and all forms of dangerous power anomalies
* Support every type of load, including excursions outside normal tolerances in both power factor and harmonics
* Get realistic solutions in line with power quality issues, markets, and cost factors
* Select the right batteries, using the latest product information and criteria
* Troubleshoot standby system problems
William Knight and Alexander King are private consultants specializing in UPS and standby supplies. They reside in Surrey and Gloucestershire, United Kingdom, respectively.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110071395954
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0071395954