Provides students with a thorough grounding in those aspects of cardiovascular physiology that are crucial to understanding clinical medicine. A perfect review for the USMLE Step 1, the Fifth Edition features updated sections on muscle contractile processes and membrane potential, a new appendix with normal values for major cardiovascular variables, and updated study questions and case presentations.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
CLEAR, CONCISE, AND UP TO DATE Here is a direct, highly-readable way for students to gain a fundamental knowledge and basic understanding of cardiovascular physiology. Experienced practitioners will find this versatile reference to be the perfect refresher course and a convenient way to stay up-to-date on the latest research and developments in this ever-changing field.
#1 CHOICE FOR CARDIOVASCULAR PHYSIOLOGY
* Provides a short, well-mapped path to mastery of concepts and functions of cardiovascular physiology
* Clarifies the details of physiologic mechanisms and their role in pathologic states
* Links cardiovascular physiology to diagnosis and treatment
* Summarizes key concepts at the end of each chapter with locators indicating where the material is located in the text
* Offers new information on discoveries in muscle contraction, membrane potential, and more
* Provides an ideal quick review for the USMLE Step 1 with enhanced illustrations, an easier-to-read format, and handy new tables of normal cardiovascular system values
* Reinforces learning with new study questions
* Convenient appendix resources and a list of recommended readings
****[four stars] from Doody
"A pleasure to read and have, for both the beginner and the practitioner ... a concise but thorough overview of the basic concepts of cardiovascular physiology ... a welcome reference for those who wish to stay abreast without being overwhelmed by unnecessary methodological details."
* --from the Doody review of the Fourth Edition
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill/Appleton & Lange, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110071388648
Book Description McGraw-Hill/Appleton & Lange. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0071388648 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0026845
Book Description McGraw-Hill/Appleton & Lange, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 5. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071388648
Book Description McGraw-Hill/Appleton & Lange, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071388648