This is the quickest way to learn the hows and whys behind computing, communications, robotics, entertainment devices, and the force that makes them work. Great for preparing for licensing exams, previous editions of this guide have been prized by thousands of students and professionals for the book's uniquely thorough coverage, ranging from dc and ac concepts and circuits to semiconductors and integrated circuits. Packed with more than 500 learning-enhanced illustrations, practical examples, and self-quizzes and tests, this matchless reference: helps you solve current-voltage-resistance-impedance problems and make power calculations; teaches simple circuit design and optimization of circuit efficiency; explains the theory behind advanced audio systems and amplifiers for live music; and features practical new information on wireless technologies, computers, the Internet, and more.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This is a multi-purpose text, and it serves a diverse group of readers: computer technicians, students and mechanics will find this material indispensable to their daily courses. In the end, the value of this book -- beyond its broad coverage of the subject -- is in its style: Gibilisco presents the material in a clear and compact way, emphasizing simplicity, steering his readers through these intricate concepts and toward a full and practical understanding of them. Beginning with the physical concepts of electricity and moving through its basic components, the author takes us step-by-step through the process of how current is created, transformed and moved. Careful illustrations augment his lectures, and then self-quizzes test our depth of knowledge and how well we absorbed the material. A seasoned instructor, Gibilisco recognizes that people absorb information at different rates, and thus he has designed Teach Yourself as the ultimate self-study guide -- the reader allowed to move at his own pace and learn in a way that is conducive to life-long retention. Recommended as a teaching text for all introductory college-level courses in electronics. Also suitable as a general reference text for all college and public sector libraries. Electric Review 20041101 by James K. Deane, Library Assistant at Emporia Public Library, Kansas This self-teaching guide covers electricity and electronics theory in enough detail (the introductory chapters on basic electricity and magnetism are excellent) to be useful to both beginning hobbyists and more advanced students. Readers can test their mastery of the material with the chapter quizzes and a final exam; the answers are in the appendix. A terrific resource for all libraries. Library Journal 20040220 This self-teaching guide covers electricity and electronics theory in enough detail to be of use to readers from the beginning hobbyist to the university electronics student (or professor). With quizzes and exams throughout the book and answers in Appendix A, readers can test their mastery of the material. The first few chapters of the book provide excellent coverage of basic electricity and magnetism as a basis for electrical and electronic theory. An excellent resource for all libraries. Library Journal 20040201 From a noted teacher and author comes the basic text for learning introductory electronics. After a detailed discussion of the fundamentals (direct current, alternating current, electronics, and components) that is understandable to readers with a junior high-level of math and science education, Gibilisco then ties in real-world examples to discuss the more advanced concepts. With section quizzes and answers, the book can be used either as part of a course or for self-study. In this edition, the section on advanced electronics has been revised to include audio and high-fidelity as well as robotics and artificial intelligence. Light Plane World 20021101 From New Literature Section: Learn the fundamentals of computing, communications, robotics, and entertainment devices through this introductory course in electronics. The text offers a user-friendly, independent-study approach, complete with practical examples, learning-enhancing illustrations, and test-yourself questions. Perfect for both hobbyists and students, this edition presents simple circuit design, new information on wireless technologies, advanced applications in artificial intelligence, and more. Poptronics 20020401From the Back Cover:
TEACH YOURSELF ELECTRICITY AND ELECTRONICS, Third Edition
In introductory electronics, Stan Gibilisco wrote the book. The gifted writer/teacher's TEACH YOURSELF ELECTRICITY AND ELECTRONICS is your best choice for clarity, completeness, and up-to-date coverage.
- The best-selling electronics introduction, offering a user-friendly independent study approach
- The quickest way to learn the hows and whys behind computing, communications, robotics, entertainment devices, and the force that makes them work
- Uniquely thorough coverage, ranging from dc and ac concepts and circuits to semiconductors and integrated circuits
- Starts at the beginning and takes you through advanced applications such as wireless and artificial intelligence
- Packed with more than 500 learning-enhanced illustrations, practical examples, and self-quizzes and tests
- Helps you solve current-voltage-resistance-impedance problems and make power calculations
- Teaches simple circuit design and optimization of circuit efficiency
- Theory behind advanced audio systems and amplifiers for live music
- Features practical new information on wireless technologies, computers, the Internet, and more
- Perfect for students studying alone or in a class
- Great for preparing for licensing exams
- Referenced by thousands of students and professionals
- Written by a popular author whose name is synonymous with clarity and practical sense
THE BEST COURSE AND SOURCE IN BASIC ELECTRONICS
THE BEST WAY TO LEARN ELECTRONICS, IN A UNIQUE ONE-VOLUME FORMAT
- Perfect for hobbyists, students, and those who want to get ahead in tech-related careers
- A simple course for intelligent people
- Inside: easy-to-follow lessons in today's electricity and electronics fundamentals and applications from a master teacher, with minimal math, plenty of illustrations and practical examples, and test-yourself qauestions that make learning go more quickly
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800713773001.0
Book Description McGraw-Hill/TAB Electronics, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071377301
Book Description McGraw-Hill/TAB Electronics, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 3. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071377301
Book Description McGraw-Hill/TAB Electronics, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110071377301
Book Description McGraw-Hill/TAB Electronics. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0071377301 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.1030016