The leading annually updated general medical text, CMDT 2002 is the most comprehensive, reliable, and timely reference available to answer common questions in everyday clinical practice. Written in a concise, easy-to-read style, the text covers all aspects of outpatient and inpatient care---including gynecology, obstetrics, urology, dermatology, psychiatry, neurology, otolaryngology, and ophthalmology---as well as authoritative descriptions of new developments in medicine. It includes information on over 1000 diseases and disorders with an emphasis on prevention and cost-effective treatments. CMDT 2002 also features updated information on drug dosages and costs and updated therapeutic options in HIV, including an approach to multi-drug antiretroviral therapies.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"A remarkable précis of the art and science of medicine." American Family Physician-
"Provides a convenient, economical, up-to-date reference for all branches of hospital and ambulatory care medicine.
CURRENT Medical Diagnosis ; Treatment 2002
Lawrence M. Tierney, Jr., MD
Stephen J. McPhee, MD
Maxine A. Papadakis, MD
The best source for the latest information on over 1,000 diseases and disorders, features:
- New methods in diagnosis, prevention, and cost-effective treatment
- New recommENDations on anti-infective therapy
- Current practice in the treatment of HIV infection, including the latest multi-drug therapies
- Alternative and complementary medicine described and evaluated
- Information technology relevant to patient care, including telemedicine, use of the Internet, and clinical decision support
- Updated drug dosages and costs
- Drug trade names indexed
- Complete listing of Poison Control Centers with telephone numbers
- Annotated recent references and key Internet addresses for peer-reviewed current medical information, including: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention traveler's and immunization information; National Institutes of Health Consensus Statements; and The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality of the United States Public Health Service Clinical Guidelines
- Of the 36th edition
Of the 33rd edition
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Companies, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 41st. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071376887
Book Description McGraw-Hill Companies, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-132-78-5296005
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800713768841.0