The leading annually updated general medical text, CMDT 2002 is the most comprehensive, reliable, and timely reference available to answer common questions in everyday clinical practice. Written in a concise, easy-to-read style, the text covers all aspects of outpatient and inpatient care---including gynecology, obstetrics, urology, dermatology, psychiatry, neurology, otolaryngology, and ophthalmology---as well as authoritative descriptions of new developments in medicine. It includes information on over 1000 diseases and disorders with an emphasis on prevention and cost-effective treatments. CMDT 2002 also features updated information on drug dosages and costs and updated therapeutic options in HIV, including an approach to multi-drug antiretroviral therapies.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"A remarkable precis of the art and science of medicine." American Family Physician*
"Provides a convenient, economical, up-to-date reference for all branches of hospital and ambulatory care medicine.
CURRENT Medical Diagnosis ; Treatment 2002
Lawrence M. Tierney, Jr., MD
Stephen J. McPhee, MD
Maxine A. Papadakis, MD
The best source for the latest information on over 1,000 diseases and disorders, features:
* New methods in diagnosis, prevention, and cost-effective treatment
* New recommendations on anti-infective therapy
* Current practice in the treatment of HIV infection, including the latest multi-drug therapies
* Alternative and complementary medicine described and evaluated
* Information technology relevant to patient care, including telemedicine, use of the Internet, and clinical decision support
* Updated drug dosages and costs
* Drug trade names indexed
* Complete listing of Poison Control Centers with telephone numbers
* Annotated recent references and key Internet addresses for peer-reviewed current medical information, including: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention traveler's and immunization information; National Institutes of Health Consensus Statements; and The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality of the United States Public Health Service Clinical Guidelines
* Of the 36th edition
** Of the 33rd edition
Stephen J. McPhee, MD (University of California, San Francisco) Maxine A. Papadakis, MD (University of California, San Francisco) Lawrence M. Tierney, Jr., MD (University of California, San Francisco) Ralph Gonzales, MD, MSPH (University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver)
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Companies, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 41st. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071376887