* A "first" in cosmetic dermatology.
* The latest drugs, topical agents and non-invasive procedures.
* 231 illustrations including 77 color photographs .
1) Scientific answers to everyday cosmetic problems .
2) Clinical, factual and practical.
3) Toward evidence-based medicine in cosmetic dermatology.
. . This outstanding text should serve as a spur to the medical community to insist upon well-researched cosmetic procedures.. .
The new text Cosmetic Dermatology: Principles and Practice is designed to help you.
* Understand the basic science of the skin and the factors affecting its appearance.
* Comprehend the factors contributing to premature aging of the skin.
* Responsibly answer your patients' questions about the efficacy of skin care products .
* Feel confident when asked to recommend over-the-counter products.
* Learn the basics about collagen injections, botulinum toxin injections and chemical peels.
. Get an unbiased review of the data available on various cosmetic products and procedures. Separate the facts form the myths in the aesthetic industry..
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Dr. Baumann is Director of Cosmetic Dermatology at the University of Miami, the first such department in the country. She writes chapters for Gellis/Kagan: CURRENT PEDIATRIC THERAPY by WBS and our own DIGM. She is the primary investigator for a wrinkle study conducted by Allergan. She is one of 12 consultants for Elizabeth Arden, and she writes a monthly column entitled Your Cosmetic Practice for Skin and Aging, a magazine for dermatologists with a subscriber list of 8,000. She has recently been quoted in TIME Magazine (October 11, 1999 issue) advocating a more cautious approach to cosmetic procedures.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0071362819 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0026529
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110071362819
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071362819
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071362819
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800713628181.0