Fluid Mechanics (SI units): Fundamentals and Applications
New Page 1
This book communicates directly with tomorrow's engineers in a simple yet precise manner. The text
- covers the basic principles and equations of fluid mechanics in the context of numerous and diverse real-world engineering examples.
- helps students develop an intuitive understanding of fluid mechanics by emphasizing the physical underpinning of processes and by utilizing numerous informative figures, photographs, and other visual aids to reinforce the basic concepts.
- Visual nature of fluid mechanics by featuring more illustrations and photographs than other fluid mechanics texts.
- Current research with our Application Spotlight feature, written by guest authors and designed to show how fluid mechanics has diverse applications in a wide variety of fields.
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) with examples throughout the text generated by CFD software and end-of-chapter problems throughout the book using FLOWLAB, a student-friendly, template-driven CFD program. An introductory chapter also introduces students to the capabilities and limitations of CFD as an engineering tool.
- Precise definitions of key terms with an end-of-book glossary providing definitions of selected fundamental fluid mechanics terms and concepts.
- Physical intuition to help students develop a sense of the underlying physical mechanisms and a mastery of solving practical problems that an engineer is likely to face in the real world.
- Topic flexibility to facilitate different approaches to the course. After covering the basics for all majors, the text offers robust coverage to allow for mechanical, civil, or aeronautics and aerospace engineering approaches.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
New, ship fast, delivered in 5 days in UK. No PO Box.
About the Author
Yunus Cengel (Reno, Nevada) is Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Nevada, Reno.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.