This new handbook offers clinicians expert guidance on the most common ophthalmic problems that present to a doctor on call or to a primary care provider's office. Included is everything a non-specialist needs to know in order to screen, identify, treat, and if appropriate, refer conditions related to the eye.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Illustrated in full color, this guide provides everything nonspecialists need to screen, identify, treat, and if necessary, refer conditions of the eyes, generally the most difficult emergencies faced by nonophthalmologists
In this much-needed resource, an ophthalmologist explains what primary and emergency care medical personnel must know to care for frequently seen eye problems.
* Guides you in step-by-step eye exams
* Offers quick, visual access to answers in 175 illustrations
* Covers conditions from simple eyelid inflammations to blow-out fractures and chemical splash injuries
* Includes chapters on glaucoma, traumatic injuries, pediatric eye problems, retinal/vitreous conditions, and more
* Explains procedures and standards for a number of useful tests
* Provides clear guidelines on when to refer
* Complete with numerous Pearls
More than emergency treatment reference, here is an excellent way for primary care providers to gain a solid working knowledge of ophthalmology.About the Author:
Dr. Chern wrote his first book as a resident at Cleveland Clinic (1996): REVIEW QUESTIONS IN OPHTHALMOLOGY. The book is published by LL/WW and is considered the book of choice for board review. His second book entitled OPHTHALMOLOGY REVIEW MANUAL was recently published by LL/WW.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Medical, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071212566
Book Description McGraw-Hill Medical 01/01/2003, 2003. Book Condition: NEW. - Brand new item sourced directly from publisher. Packed securely in tight packaging to ensure no damage. Shipped from warehouse on same/next day basis. Bookseller Inventory # 1111-9780071212564