This text provides a concise review of the medically important aspects of microbiology that covers the basic and clinical aspects of bacteriology, virology, mycology, parasitology and immunology. It also aims to provide students with a solid understanding of the clinical relevance of microbiology. The book contains pedagogical features such as clinical case discussions, over 600 sample questions in USMLE format and a USMLE practice exam. All chapters have been updated for this revised edition, with particular emphasis on topics such as human immunodeficiency virus, hepatitis viruses and microscopic organisms (mites, fleas). It also features summary tables that describe the clinical and epidemiological aspects of important organisms.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The fastest, easiest way to master the essentials!
The most CONCISE, COMPLETE, UP-TO-DATE, and USER-FRIENDLY review available
- Most frequently updated microbiology review
- High-yield review for courses, exams, and the USMLE
- 600+ USMLE-format sample questions
- Complete USMLE-type exam with all questions in case-based format
- Clinical applications emphasized
- Summaries of important microorganisms for rapid review
- Revised and expanded coverage of HIV, hepatitis viruses, and immunology
- Informative tables and figures
About the Author:
Emphasizes the clinical application of microbiology and immunology to infectious diseases
- Helps medical students understand the clinical relevance of microbiology
- Includes review questions and case studies to reinforce material
- Emphasizes need-to-know areas in bacteriology, virology, mycology, parasitology, and immunology
Warren Levinson, MD, PhD Professor of Microbiology Department of Microbiology and Immunology University of California, San Francisco
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Education (ISE Editions), 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071212361
Book Description McGraw-Hill Education (ISE Editions), 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071212361