Drawing from his well known methodology, Bill Strong presents a broader application of sentence combining as the basis for teaching writing with the WRITER'S TOOLBOX: A SENTENCE COMBINING WORKSHOP. This exciting new developmental writing text uses a writing process framework and stresses a collaborative approach, while providing students with skill instruction through extensive sentence combining activities. In short, the WRITER'S TOOLBOX is the only text at the developmental level to teach grammar, usage, and punctuation skills in the context of a conceptual framework - one that covers generating and planning, freewriting and drafting, shaping and revising, and editing and proofreading.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
1. The book's five instructional units are organized around familiar writing process topics; each unit uses sentence-combining activities as the main vehicle of instruction.
2. Writing skills are taught in context and students are referred to Toolbox Mini-lessons for further instruction on a "need to know" basis.
3. 28 Toolbox Mini-lessons illustrate grammar, usage, and punctuation skills and provide activities for student practice.
4. The book is written in a student-friendly way and lends itself to collaborative teaching, while providing students with an abundance of practice activities.
5. Topics are presented in order of increasing difficulty and with an emphasis on revision.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Humanities/Social, 1995. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110070625611
Book Description McGraw-Hill Humanities/Social Sciences/Languages, 1995. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0070625611
Book Description McGraw-Hill Humanities/Social Sciences/Languages, 1995. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0070625611