The Complete Patient History carefully teaches students the steps in history taking, the most important part of the clinical examination
It fills a large void in the market. At present, there are many books available on performing the physical examination, but very few focus on the patient interview.
Of these, none are organised by specific complaints, much how patients are encountered in a clinical or office setting.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Highlighting the medical history as the core art of patient care, this book provides the tools to achieve clinical excellence
· Explores the techniques of patient-centered and doctor-centered interviewing
· Presents the differential diagnosis, interview framework, alarm symptoms, focused questions with likelihood ratios, prognosis, and clinical pearls for each symptom
· Integrates historical data with the epidemiology, prevalence, and prognosis of the most common conditions
A comprehensive and inspiring introduction to the timeless art of history-taking, The Patient History presents the fundamental principles that guide this process and enable health care professionals to establish the differential diagnosis for a given symptom.
· Offers a patient-centered approach to the medical history by emphasizing symptoms rather than diseases
· Applies principles of evidence-based medicine to the clinical history
· Illustrates the history-taking process through the discussion of 60 common clinical symptoms, such as dizziness, weight loss, dyspnea, chest pain, nausea and vomiting, low back pain, memory loss, and anxiety
· Includes diagnostic approach algorithms to summarize important concepts
· Focuses on actual questions for use in daily practice
· Provides tips for effective interviewing
[Logo] McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing Division [Logo: LANGE Publishing for Medical Students Since 1938]About the Author:
Mark Henderson, MD, Department of Internal Medicine, Administration, Unversity of California, Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA
Lawrence M. Tierney, MD Professor of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, Associate Chief of Medical Services, Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Kraytman, Maurice, M.D., University of Brussels, Belgium
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Inc.,US, 1979. Book Condition: Fair. N/A. Former Library book. Shows definite wear, and perhaps considerable marking on inside. Bookseller Inventory # GRP92705117