Equips physicians with a practical guide to the diagnosis and treatment of the 20 most common GI problems encountered in day-to-day practice. The book takes a holistic approach to enhance patient participation, adherence, family dynamics, and satisfaction with care.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"The text is not cumbersome but flows nicely and is interspersed with many high-quality figures, illustrations, graphs, tables, and flowcharts, all of which contribute to readability and explanations of difficult hematologic concepts....This book serves a broad audience and is useful for wide range of readers....Students and residents will find a lot to learn, because this book discusses in detail the pathophysiologic aspects of hematology."-- Journal of the American Board of Family Practice ( Journal of the American Board of Family Practice 2002-07-01)From the Back Cover:
20 Common Problems in Gastroenterology gives you practical, useful ways to help treat patients diagnosed with commonly encountered problems in gastroenterologyFeatures:
• Best available evidence-based, solutions-oriented guide to the GI conditions you encounter daily
• Clear, concise, and up-to-date recommendations on testing, diagnostics, medications, and dosing, including costs
• Useful answers on heartburn, GERD, and chest pain
Quick and essential answers on issues of chronic and acute abdominal pain
• Help with cases of bleeding in the upper and lower GI tract
• What you need to know about occult bleeding and iron deficiency anemia
• Effective advice and treatments for the common complaint of flatulence
• Expert guidance on diagnosing and treating rectal pain and anorectal disease
• Clear direction and useful approaches to nausea, vomiting, dysphagia, dyspepsia, weight loss, and acute diarrhea in adults
• Effective care for patients with viral hepatitis, liver masses, abnormal liver function tests, and biliary obstructions
• Realistic guidelines for helping with functional gastrointestinal disorders
• What every clinician needs to know about managing chronic gastroenterological problems
Other titles in the 20 Common Problems series include Behavioral Health, Dermatology, End of Life, Ethics, Geriatrics, Pediatrics, Preventive Health, Primary Care, Surgical Problems ; Procedures, Urology, and Women's Health Care.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0070220557
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0070220557
Book Description The McGraw-Hill Company. Book Condition: New. pp. 317. Bookseller Inventory # 7406824
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800702205531.0