Top 7 Reasons Why She's No Angel
7. Easily Palm Beach's sexiest private investigator, Angel Devlin always gets her man -- and bad boy millionaire Tom Donovan is at the top of her Most Wanted list.
6. Instinct tells her that drop-dead-gorgeous Tom has something wicked up his sleeve, and she's going to get up close and personal to find out just what.
5. Her list of nocturnal activities includes lifting a wallet while seductively skimming her hands over her victim's rock-solid chest and performing a bewitching lap dance at a seedy underground club.
4. There's nothing sweet or innocent about Angel -- she's as sharp as the steel stiletto she wears strapped to her shapely thigh.
3. Her motto is "dress to thrill." A tight skirt, a hint of cleavage, and a pair of kick-ass Jimmy Choos will make a man open up and divulge all sorts of little secrets.
2. Angel is devilish, devious, and sexy as sin.
1. She's the first to admit she's no angel, but it doesn't stop Tom from falling head over heels in love with the mischievous blonde.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Always a romatic, Patti Berg spent her childhood dreaming about being whisked away by a knight in shining armor, a devil-may-care swashbuckler, a sheik on a shiny black stallion, or a broad-shouldered cowboy with a Stetson tilted low on his brow. Now she spends her days making up stories in which her heroes do whatever she wants them to. It's almost as good as a dream coming true, she confesses.
Currently working on her next book for Avon Books, Patti hopes she'll have a long career sharing her dreams and fantasies with others.From Publishers Weekly:
Savvy Palm Beach PI Angel Devlin, who wears both stiletto heels and a stiletto knife strapped to her thigh, knows trouble when she sees it, and it's written all over handsome-as-sin Tom Donovan, an ex-alligator wrestler who recently became a billionaire. Tom seems intent on getting to know Angel better, and she soon learns why. Tom wants access to reclusive Holt Hudson, Tom's godfather and the only one who knows what really happened 26 years earlier when Tom's father was fatally shot in Holt's mansion. But despite the incendiary attraction between Angel and Tom, she realizes she must keep Tom from Holt or risk having Holt cancel the charity gala she talked him into hosting at his estate. Though nearly incandescent with sensual heat, Berg's latest (after And Then He Kissed Me) feels like a cross between a soap opera and Alias: Angel slithers into a red hooker dress to go undercover at a strip club, her ex-husband's name is Dagger, and designer dresses and handbags receive enough page space to be minor characters. But the protagonists' affection for their families and the real-life problems they face (such as Alzheimer's) prevent this beach read from succumbing entirely to silliness.
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Avon. MASS MARKET PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0060544767 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # PG8-CML3-3297
Book Description Avon Books, New York, NY, 2004. Mass Market Paperback. Book Condition: New. Clean and tight - unused copy - BRAND NEW!!. Bookseller Inventory # 003971
Book Description Avon. MASS MARKET PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0060544767 *BRAND NEW* Ships Same Day or Next!. Bookseller Inventory # SWATI2132296444
Book Description Avon, 2004. Mass Market Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0060544767
Book Description Avon, 2004. Mass Market Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110060544767
Book Description Avon. MASS MARKET PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0060544767 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0949402