Hundreds of color maps and photographs cover every campaign of World War II in every theater, accompanied by a chronology of events, an encyclopedic glossary, and an analysis of the war's social, political, and economic contexts.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
THE TIMES WORLD ATLASES & THEMATIC HISTORY ATLASES
• HarperCollins 'Cartographic' are market leaders in the field of world atlases.
• 'The Times' brand offers a sense of tradition and authority with clear, accurate and beautifully detailed mapping – complementing the 'Collins' Atlas range and providing you with the widest possible choice.
• As with the 'Collins' Atlases of the world, mapping for 'The Times' range is drawn from a constantly updated database, ensuring absolute accuracy.
• A superb range of beautifully illustrated thematic history atlases which provide a wealth of fascinating and invaluable information on topics as diverse as World History and Archaeology.
• An excellent range of World Reference Maps that complement the atlases – the same accuracy and detail, but ideal for hanging on the wall.
• With outstanding quality and attention to detail, 'Times' atlases are the perfect gift and a joy to own.
THE TIMES ATLAS OF THE SECOND WORLD WAR
The definitive account of the greatest conflict in world history – with hundreds of maps tracing every detail of the war, including the political, economic and strategic backgrounds.
• Clear text and captions explaining every theatre of the war
• Battle maps backed up by a broad range of economic and political maps
• A superb work of reference and dramatic narrative
• Detailed index, chronology and glossary
John Keegan is an acclaimed military history writer of twenty books of which the best-known are A History of Warfare (1993) which won the Duff Cooper Prize, and The First World War (1998) which was awarded the Westminster Medal. He has also been a longstanding contributor and defence editor for the Daily Telegraph.
He was awarded the O.B.E. in the 1991 Gulf War Honours List and was knighted in 1999, for services to military history.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Harpercollins, 1989. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1st. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0060161787
Book Description Harpercollins, 1989. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0060161787
Book Description Harpercollins, 1989. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0060161787
Book Description Harpercollins, 1989. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110060161787