Edward Huws Jones' popular series of traditional fiddle repertoire, now available with expertly-recorded audio CD. Containing colourful instrumental backing tracks and full demonstrations, the new audio resource will aid and inspire your private practice and public performance alike. These generous collections of authentic music, some familiar, some more exotic, but all of it faithfully arranged, enable you to create your own ceilidh, bluegrass club or charanga band.
The violin edition includes optional easy violin part and guitar chords, whilst the complete edition also includes both keyboard and violin accompaniments. Either format is highly flexible, which means the music can be played as solos, duets or trios as well as with larger ensembles.
Edwards Huws Jones has travelled extensively researching fiddle-playing traditions. In each book he explains the background of the particular musical style, giving his own suggestions for a lively performance.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Pièces sélectionnées et arrangées par Edward Huws JonesAnother addition to the hit series, making authentic folk music available in a flexible format suitable for teaching, busking and performance. Traditional music from Ireland, Isle of Man, Galicia, Wales, Brittany, Cornwall and Scotland. Explore the rich variety of the Celtic tradition, from the whirling energy of dances to the haunting melancholy of slow airs. Includes popular and lesser-known tunes including favourites such as The Rocky road to Dublin, Alborada de Pontecaldelas, Tros y Garreg and The Muckin' o' Geordie's Byre. The Complete edition includes a violin part, keyboard accompaniment with optional violin accompaniment, easy violin part and guitar chords.Review:
ALBUM CONTENTS: -
Ireland; The Rocky Road to Dublin
- Drips of Brandy
- Rights of Man
- John Ryan's Polka
- The Humours of Westport
- Isle Of Man: Moylley gys Jee my Chaarjyn (Praise to God, my Friends)
- Ny Kirree fo Niaghtey /The Sheep under the Snow)
- Three Little Boats Went Out to Sea
- Galicia: Pasadobre Popular
- Muineira das Zocas (Muineira from Zocas)
- Danza de Carino (Dance from Carino)
- Muineira: Ponte de San Paio (Muineira: The Bridge of Saint Paul)
- Alborada de Pontecaldelas (Alborada from Pontecaldelas)
- Wales: Nyth y Gwcw (The Cuckoo's Nest)
- Tros y Garreg (Over the Stone)
- Mwynen Cynwyd (The Mais of Cynwyd)
- Glwysen (The Fairest One)
- Croen y Ddafad Felen (The Yellow Shepskin)
- Brittany: Gavotte: Je vous dis, Mademoiselle (Gavotte: I tell you, Miss)
- An Dro (Dance Tunes)
- Hanter Dro (Dance Tunes) Silvestrig
- Cornwall: Miner's Fancy
- Furry Dance
- Tom Bawcock's Treat
- Scotland: Drummond Castle
- Mucin' o' Geordie's Byre
- Scotland the Brave
- Speed the Plough
- Pastoral (Gin ye Kiss my Wife)
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Boosey & Hawkes. Sheet music. Book Condition: Brand New. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0060124032