Ensure progress at the right pace with Pupil Book 2.3, the higher tier for the second year of teaching KS3. With fluency, mathematical reasoning and problem solving integrated throughout you can be confident you’re covering the main aims of the new curriculum and preparing students for revised GCSEs ahead.
• Bring awe and wonder with a chapter opener that puts the maths in context
• Access the right level of content with the progress indicators on the page
• Provide rigorous maths practice with hundreds of high quality questions
• Focus on literacy skills with key words per topic and a glossary at the back
• Achieve fluency through 100s of practice questions
• Develop mathematical reasoning with flagged practice questions and longer activities at the end of exercises
• Practise multistep and problem solving skills with flagged practice questions and longer activities at the end of exercises
• Measure progress with ‘Ready to progress?’ learning outcomes at end of chapters
• Make connections across different areas of mathematics with synoptic extended questions at the end of each chapter that use maths from previous chapters
• Break up lessons and add variety and engagement with longer, colourful real-life tasks and contexts which could be: investigations, challenges, activities, problem solving, using financial skills, or mathematical reasoning
• Interactive Skills Builder allows pupils to experiment with equations, ratio and proportion – and enables them to discover these topics for themselves by building and solving their own problems using our interactive set of scales!
• Wonder of Maths – an image and video bank to engage pupils with real-life examples of how maths works
• Explanation videos and worked examples – student-led explanations of tricky concepts and real-time walkthroughs of questions plus additional practice supports students to develop conceptual understanding
• Easily identify strengths and weaknesses at both a class and individual level using the reporting feature
• Teach flexibly with a bank of automarked homework and assessment questions
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want